Trading My 2011 2575 RCWC for a 2015 RSR

I'm not sure I saw this in anyone else's advice. I would reconsider not adding a second battery. Verados with power steering are notoriously power hungry. If your main goes low at all you are going to be waiting for a tow. I have a Verado and love it but wouldn't be without the second battery. It's great peace of mind to be able to switch to using just battery two while floating with the stereo on/fish finder running/phone charging etc and not worrying if the boat will start when it's time to head home. When I drive I put the switch on 1+2 and both get charged.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I saw this in anyone else's advice. I would reconsider not adding a second battery. Verados with power steering are notoriously power hungry. If your main goes low at all you are going to be waiting for a tow. I have a Verado and love it but wouldn't be without the second battery. It's great peace of mind to be able to switch to using just battery two while floating with the stereo on/fish finder running/phone charging etc and not worrying if the boat will start when it's time to head home. When I drive I put the switch on 1+2 and both get charged.
Absolutely spot on.

Here is a link to my gallery where I added the Blue Sea switch and 2 Group 31's.

Merc has specific battery requirements for the Verado, though many dealers totally ignore it and put an off the shelf battery in there anyway.

Both Tom and FarNorth explained it much better than my remarks. They are spot on. I would listen to their advice. I always run with the dial on both 1 and 2. The last thing any of us want is to have to be towed in due to a dead battery. Did I say to get the sealed strakes? Get them. :D

Cheers, Steve

Tom, as expected out of you that is a job well done

Back