Trailer bunk height for Elliptical center tube

smith772

Reaction score
Just bought our first pontoon boat, 2011 Bennington 2550 RCL w/ ESP package. Love this thing, its a work of art! Having a little trouble getting the trailer set up.  I hope someone can help me with setting the bunks correctly on the trailer.  The trailer we purchased obviously was not made for the elliptical center tube as there no height adjustment on the bunks. They all sit at exactly the same height and I am assuming the center tube is lower on the ESP package due to the 32" center tube and 25" outers.  My two outer tubes aren't touching the bunks, just the center tube.  Does any one know what the height difference is on the tubes so that I can shim my bunks properly to get even load on all three tubes? Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

Just bought our first pontoon boat, 2011 Bennington 2550 RCL w/ ESP package. Love this thing, its a work of art! Having a little trouble getting the trailer set up.  I hope someone can help me with setting the bunks correctly on the trailer.  The trailer we purchased obviously was not made for the elliptical center tube as there no height adjustment on the bunks. They all sit at exactly the same height and I am assuming the center tube is lower on the ESP package due to the 32" center tube and 25" outers.  My two outer tubes aren't touching the bunks, just the center tube.  Does any one know what the height difference is on the tubes so that I can shim my bunks properly to get even load on all three tubes? Any help is really appreciated, thanks.

There is no difference on height of the tubes (all 3 are 25"), just the width of the center at 32". The only thing I did on my trailer is adjust the angle of the center bunks a little flatter than the outside ones and it sits perfectly flat.

I thought they were still 25" tall, but I'm not sure how they are attached, if they are mounted lower or not?  

I found this forum post on another site from back in 2008. 

Our trailer is at the cottage which I'll be at this Saturday and I can measure and take a pic.

I had this written by the time TomS replied, but I sent it anyway since I had the time vested in typing  :D

elliptical.JPG

There is no difference on height of the tubes (all 3 are 25"), just the width of the center at 32". The only thing I did on my trailer is adjust the angle of the center bunks a little flatter than the outside ones and it sits perfectly flat.

I will try adjusting the center bunk angle somehow (brackets are not adjustable). Thanks for the information, that will put me in the right direction.

Here is my Mid-America PT24T setup before the loading guides were put on and before the boat was delivered. The dealer said the easiest way, since they have a hoist, is to loosen the middle bunks, lower it on the outside ones, then ease the middle ones back up to fit.

/gallery/album_221/gallery_1431_221_8766.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the replies, extremely helpful. We are going to tackle it this weekend. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Back