Trailer hook up question

My trailer , a toon toter , has a metal loop welded to the winch post and the winch the strap goes downward and through that loop then upwards at a >or< 45 degree angle to the boat. It pulls forward and down at the same time that way and the strap is away from any type of rub through possibility.

Is there anything like that on your winch post where you could reroute your strap?
I do not have anything like that. I’m gonna leave it. Load rite says it’s this way on most there pontoon trailer and don’t have any issues

Hey. Bought my first pontoon about a month ago 21’ Bennington ssx pontoon not tri.
I think I have an issue with the winch being to tall. What’s happing is once the pontoon is winched up tight to the trailer the strap is in an angle and is touching the pontoon and showing some wear on strap. I attaching pictures. Also the the boards that touch the front of boat are rapped with vinyl and at top the wood is showing and water can get inside and cause a problem eventually.
something just seems wrong.
it’s a load rite tandem trailer P20-22t-4100TRIB1.
I did call load rite just haven’t heard back yet. Thought I’d ask you folks. Thanks
I redid the strap so it comes out from bottom instead of from the top of winch. Helped some but still touching

This was an interesting post. I picked up my pontoon and have the same issue with the winch strap. Looked around at 5 or 6 other pontoons, and they were all the same. The strap is touching the pontoon. We all had the same trailer (Yacht Club). Noticed another post on this website and the picture of his restored pontoon on trailer had the some winch strap issue. Must be more common. Wonder if it is designed that way for some reason to make it easier to load or something. Doesn't make sense if it rips the strap.

Hey. I talked to loadrite corporate person the builder of my trailer. I was told that this is NOT an issue. Has never been an issue. If you watch as the pontoon is being reeled tight it brings the pontoon down in a secured position. Not sure why that was said. I redid the direction of the winch strap to reel in bottom of winch instead of top. My winch will work either way. I hope they’re correct.
it’s been about a month since I brought this up and have been at least times and I show no wear to the strap with human eyes. Lol.
good luck to all. Safe boating.

Back