Trailer Length

Jeff Auston

Reaction score
I just bought my dads 2275RL. It has been on a track and under boathouse for 12 years. I am buying a trailer and my question is do I get a 22 foot or 24 foot trailer? The one dealer which is Wolverine trailers I might add says get a 22 foot. The other says 24 foot. The boat has a 90 horse 4 stroke across the back. The one guy says the even with the adjustment of bump stops the 24 support in back might come real close to the motor and if you dont trim it up a bit could hit. The other guy said it wont hit. I think I should go with the 22 foot and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My dealer sent me out with a 24 cause that was what they had in stock, it was too long. Had them get a 22, much better.

My dealer sent me out with a 24 cause that was what they had in stock, it was too long. Had them get a 22, much better.
Thanks Matt I would rather it be snug and hang off a little. With a bunk there is a lot of support. Also you can adjust the bumps approximately 12 inches. Just want to make the right decision. The wolverine all pro galvanized with nylon slides are really sweet. 2690.00 with tax!!! Have a good day thanks for the support!

Slightly too big is WAY BETTER than any kind of too small. Get the 24 foot. Besides, a 2275 is usually 24 feet long anyway.

My boat is 22', the 24 trailer had 19" of bunk extending off the stern. If it is a 24' i think you would want to go 24 trailer.

Logo.jpg

Home
Large Boat specs
Medium to Large Boat specs
Medium Boat specs
Medium to Small Boat specs
Small Boat specs
Tiny Boat specs
Contact Us

NavBtm.jpg

Bennington 2275 RL 2006 Boat specs and Bennington 2275 RL 2006 boat images and specifications

Bennington 2275 RL 2006 Boat specs and images

2006-bennington-boats-2275-rl.jpg

General Boat Info
Make : Bennington
Model : 2275 RL
Model Year : 2006

Measurements / Dimensions
Beam : 8 ft. 6 in
Beam - Meters : 2.59
Beam - Inches : 102
Weight - Detail : With 2 Tubes: 1,960 lbs.
With 3 Tubes: 2,335 lbs
Weight - kg : 1059.14
Weight - lbs. : 2335
Length [deck] : 21 ft. 11 in
Length - Feet : 22
Length - Inches :
Length overall - Detail : 22 ft. 0 in
Length overall - Meters : 6.71
Length overall - Inches : 264

Pontoon and Inflatable Specific
Tube diameter : 25 in
Tube gauge : .080 in
Number of tubes : 2 or 3

Engine and Drivetrain
Fuel tank capacity - Detail : 26 gal. w/remote fill
Fuel tank capacity - Liters : 98.42
Fuel tank capacity - Gal : 26
Drive type : Outboard
Engine max : With 2 Tubes: 130 hp
With 3 Tubes: 175 hp

Operational Info
Maximum capacity : With 2 Tubes: 1,890 lbs.
With 3 Tubes: 2,000 lbs
Maximum people : 14

South coast Fishing and Fishing trips in KZN

This is what I have.

A 2006 Bennington that has 22 at the beginning of the number is only 22 feet not 24.

My old 2275 fsi was on a hoosier 24 ft. trailer. the bunks were 18 ft long. the overhang on the back was approx. 3 ft. from the bunk to the rear of the pontoon.

My bunks are as long as the tubes, without the nose cones. Front of bunk is at the cone weld, rear extends past 1".

Don't forget you want to be able to adjust the position of the boat front/back so you get the correct tongue weight too...

The longer one would allow more adjustment, but the shorter one might be just fine. This is just one more consideration to add to all those mentioned above. Pick one and load the boat on it and see how it fits. Measure the tongue weight. That's another topic...

Jeff I have a 2004 2275RL and it's 22 feet. I have a 22 foot trailer that fits like a glove........

So it appears at some point between the early 2000s an the early 2010s they added a couple of feet but didn't add anything to the model numbers. Seems like then the 22 foot would work fine for the OP. I had a 2013 2275 and it was 24 feet 1 inch long not counting the engine. I'd like to sit in on one of those model naming meetings. It's probably similar to pill time in One Flew Over The Coo Coo's Nest.

Well I finally pulled the trigger. I really wanted to make sure I was going to make the right decision. The dealer said if I used it I couldn't return it for another obviously. So I went with the 22' All Pro Galvanised Wolverine. They told me they guarantee that it will fit perfect! Thanks for all the advice and feedback. This forum is great and I will definitely use it again. Only bad thing is I have to wait till first week in August till it arrives. I'm sure it will be worth the wait!!!

The numbers are the length of the tubes, not the length of the deck.

Thanks. I did measure the tubes minus the cones. Its 22' you are correct. The deck on mine is very close to the tubes.

Back