Tri-toon conversion

Matthew Ware

Reaction score
Has anyone added one of the third pontoon conversion? and if so are they worth it?

i am looking at putting an underskin kit as well

i was hoping for some input

thanks

The under-skinning is always worth it. Did it on my smaller toon and a noticeable change.

I am at your service.

While I didn't have a before and after, I would highly recommend it.  Speed is great yadda yadda, the way it turns and handles waves REALLY makes it worth it.  I've had 8 pretty good sized people in the front of my boat and had it in 20 mph winds with some huge chop, no problem.

I know this post is old. I have a 22' SSRX with a 115. Has anyone ever done a tri-tune conversion on that specific model boat? When trying to take the kids tubing it is water a slug, and when turning to get the raft to slide out, it freguently loses speed, or if I turn to hard it cavatates.  @6000 rpm, I am only able to get a 20knts on a calm day. Typical cruising speed at about 31RPM is a raging 14knts or so.

When your tubing/skiing keep your motor trimmed all the way down to make sure it stays in the water and doesn't cavitate........

I know this post is old. I have a 22' SSRX with a 115. Has anyone ever done a tri-tune conversion on that specific model boat? When trying to take the kids tubing it is water a slug, and when turning to get the raft to slide out, it freguently loses speed, or if I turn to hard it cavatates.  @6000 rpm, I am only able to get a 20knts on a calm day. Typical cruising speed at about 31RPM is a raging 14knts or so.

You need to think about selling and getting the boat you need for the type of watersports you would like to do.  AT minimum, 150hp and sps tritoon.  You will never speed your boat up enough. 

Back