Tritoon center to center dimensions

timjet

Reaction score
Hi folks, new to this forum and to Bennington.
I just bought a 2019 23 ft Bennington tritoon. I haven't picked it up yet and need to know the dimensions between the toons for a cradle on my boat lift.
It is the model with the lounger in the back. The backrest can be moved slightly to accommodate bench seating looking forward or moved to allow lounging looking rearward. Sorry I don't have the model number. It has a Yamaha 200, not digital controls.
Thanks,
Tim

Hi folks, new to this forum and to Bennington.
I just bought a 2019 23 ft Bennington tritoon. I haven't picked it up yet and need to know the dimensions between the toons for a cradle on my boat lift.
It is the model with the lounger in the back. The backrest can be moved slightly to accommodate bench seating looking forward or moved to allow lounging looking rearward. Sorry I don't have the model number. It has a Yamaha 200, not digital controls.
Thanks,
Tim
Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your recent purchase. The layout you are talking about in regards to the rear seating is a SB = Swing back. We have it, and love it.

Out of curiosity, do you happen to know the model Bennington you bought: S, G, R or Q for 2019’s? Doesn’t impact your question, but will give others a better idea of which Bennington you got.

That said, to get an answer to your question about the space between the pontoons, we’ll need to know which tritoon hull you have: SPS or ESP. I suspect you got an SPS tritoon hull with your 200 Yamaha. However, it still could be the ESP hull tritoon.

They each have different size/width center pontoons. On the SPS, each of the three pontoons are the same dimension (25”). On the ESP, the center pontoon is more oval/wider (32”), leaving less space between itself and the outer pontoons. SPS will provide more flexibility if going with an under deck style lift, but the ESP will be a tighter fit. That said, if going with a cradle bunk, space between the pontoons really wouldn’t matter. It is the space and shape of the pontoons at their bottom center point that would impact lift bunks or cradles. So….

If going a true cradle lift as you indicate, is it simply sitting on wood supports (not an actual cradle lift), OR are you talking an actual cradle lift that has angled cradle supports at the bottom of each pontoon? There is a difference, and I’ve read many use the wording interchangeably.

If actual cradles, the angled cradle supports would be the same for all three pontoons on an SPS based on three round 25” pontoons. However, the center cradle would need to be angled wider/different for the center pontoon on an ESP which is an oblong 32”. Make sense?

True Cradles Bunks - my former lift for an SPS tritoon:
99E1F08A-4F6C-4599-8099-FB6F50432242.jpeg F0671CE6-9C4E-47AF-AC29-D07CAD8BF8A2.jpeg

If not actually talking a real cradle lift, but more bunk supports under each pontoon, then the center point information for bunks is as follows: The center of one outer tube to the center of the other outer tube is 77”. The center of the middle tube is going to be princely in the middle of that number at 38.5” from the center of each outer tube.

Bunk Lift - picture of a former members bunk lift:
9A308DCE-32F4-4AF8-9A29-7AB9330AC084.jpeg

Just kind of highlights the devil is in the details - both for the type of tritoon hull, but also the specifics of your lift/bunk/cradle.

Visual of what I am talking about in regards to the different shapes of Bennington’s two tritoon hulls:

Bennington Tritoon Hulls

Last edited:
SPS will have 13.5" between tubes
ESP will have 10" between tubes
Outside tubes will be 102"outside to outside, 77" center to center, 52" inside of outer tube to inside of other outer tube.
From the info you provided, I am not aware of a scenario that the info I provided is incorrect, but I've been proven wrong MANY times! LOL

Thanks guys for the excellent replies. I need to get with my cradle guy and see what he has planned either cradle bunks or flat bunks. I would think the cradle bunks would support better, having more contact with the toons. The boat is an S series. Once I get the boat I'll look in the manual and update my avatar with the exact model.

Back