Trolling motor on tritoon part-time

bcpnick - I have that bracket and it is a PITA to mount the motor.  I only install the plate for the one week we fish and the motor is on the bracket for the whole time.  It would tear your toes  if you ran into it.  The other bracket looks better.

I never thought about running with the motor raised but not laid down.  I got the trolling motor gate on the new boat but I am thinking about mounting the motor in front of the fence so somebody could just reach from the seat and pull up.  

Your angled mounting looks like it could work well.   

Personally, I am waiting for someone to engineer a 2 motor system that deploys under the boat the way sea legs do, connected to a GPS system that will hold the boat on position or track a set course. Now THAT would be a trolling motor setup for a pontoon, worth the money.

2 motors...you can use opposing thrust principles, plus you would have significantly more thrust from 2 props spinning on 12v motors than one prop spinning on 24. Just a thought.

I definitely do not want the quick release bracket on my bow...   

I've been brainstorming like crazy this year and I was inspired by the guy who had the trailer hitch with a welded bracket setup.

Check this test setup I made last weekend... 

I've since also mounted a receiver for the table so I have a table sticking up as well...  that was VERY handy to hold the fishing stuff, and drinks of course :)  I'll try to get a pic of that sometime.  

I've since also purchased some aluminum Ls that are pretty heavy duty, i'm going to remove that folding ladder and install them so it appears as if the trolling motor is floating in front of the boat...   When i remove it, i'll have just a bracket, and a table receiver.

WTH?  i can't attach the pic anymore from google+? "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

ok, uploaded to gallery:

gallery_5694_697_3200712.jpg

Any under deck photos? I am trying to decide what I can do and like the hitch receiver idea as well.

I spanned 2 crossbeams and just put a 1/4" stainless steel bolts and lock washers x 4.

I'm going to use 1/2" this time with washers and span 3 beams, I want this to be rock solid.

i'll take some pics when i get down there and re-do it, hopefully this weekend.

by the way I spent some time looking at hitches and I don't like the added weight or the play they give since it's not completely tight fit in most cases.

I do realize this will add 12" to the clearance on my boat, but I'm ok with that.

You don't have the under skinning correct? How many volts is your setup? Curious on how it moves your boat around.

You're right, no underskinning..  its a 12v setup, 55lb thrust I think moves pretty good with a couple people on board fishing, but not well in wind or with 5+ people...

I also have a 24v Minn Kota, but it doesn't have the capability for the ipilot or footpetal so i'll probably sell it...

Back