Trolling motor

K C

Reaction score
I am looking to add a trolling motor on my SX21. Can anyone share their experience/recomendations?

I am looking to add a trolling motor on my SX21. Can anyone share their experience/recomendations?

Go to the top right corner on this forum page and do a search in these forums for “trolling motor” posts. There are a number of good threads on here from some very helpful and knowledgeable people.

I have a Minn Kota Power Drive V2, 55# thrust and 54" shaft on my 24SLi. I will be moving it to our ordered 21SF as well. It's worked well and moves the boat adequately. 24 volt would be nice but in my case I need to remove the battery to charge since our slip does not have electric and I didn't want to haul two batteries around. I would think that on a 21' boat the 12 volt would be plenty.

You can get a quick release bracket installed. The bracket stays in the boat but the motor then just slides in and you can remove when not in use.

I would do as Viking suggested and look at past topics. I know Shawn stated that 12 volt should be plenty but that needs to be weighted against how long you want to run. The top speeds will be the same but a 24 volt will last twice as long which is more desirable to many. That is why many trolling guys use 24 or 36 volt systems. They can troll all day and still have plenty left where a 12 volt may be dead after several hours..Again, depends on your need...Read the archives and past posts...

Back