Trouble with arm rests for fishing seats

B. Scott

Reaction score
Any one having problems with the quality of the arm rests on the fishing seats? I have a new 2574 RFS and one of the arm rests pops out of socket with little pressure. The dealer has ordered a new one for the boat but just wondering if this is a common occurance for any one else.

I think someone else had a problem with an armrest but it's not common.

I had a pin snap on the arm of my captains chair, but easy fix, they replaced the arm, no biggie. Just a fluke .......

Yeah, there's always little issues that can pop up, the difference can be the "dealer", in how they will step up and address it.

I had my horn die one Saturday, and called my dealer to see if I could get one to replace it (do it myself).

Not only did they INSIST on coming out to fix it under the warranty, but said they would even run out and give me a whistle to use for the weekend (MUST HAVE a noise producing device on the boat). I already hadone, and a canned horn.

Two days later, they came out to dock, horn replaced ..... My dealer is awesome !!!!

I think someone else had a problem with an armrest but it's not common.
I had an arm rest on the helm chair break off. Under warranty so no issues.

P1000148.jpg The starboard side arm rest broke on my 2275GCW helm chair on July 6th; which is the fifth time I have used the boat since it was delivered new to me. It appears that the porous plastic pivot broke. I sent pictures to my dealer today and asked them to open a warranty claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
The starboard side arm rest broke on my 2275GCW helm chair on July 6th; which is the fifth time I have used the boat since it was delivered new to me. It appears that the plastic pivot broke; arm is dangling by vinyl cover. I'm surprised the pivot isn't make of steel. It looks like the whole chair needs to be removed to be repaired; does not appear to be way to remove the arm rest without removing entire backrest vinyl cover....strange design.
Mines an "R", the arm swivels back so the arm is facing rearward, then it just slides out of the hole. It has two "guide" pins that match up to a grooved hole in the chair back. Arm slides back in till two pines line up with groove, then just flip it forward to down position.

No need to remove cover on my R style .....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2012 (bought new 8/2013) 2275 GFS With captain chairs on all four corners. The first time I took it out the armrest broke off the starboard side of the helm chair. The broken shaft was made out of plastic with many voids in the casting. Bennington sent a new one with shaft made of metal but the diameter is much smaller.It does not fit. Waiting to here back from them. I have read that they changed their design because of the problems. My concern is that I have four of these chairs on my boat with the same potential. Anybody else have this experience?

Our last boat (2013) had the arm rest snap off. They shipped a whole new seat for me.

Our last boat (2013) had the arm rest snap off. They shipped a whole new seat for me.

I wonder if they changed the design and you had old style so they just sent entire new seat? Not bad though, broken arm, new seat .....  ;)

2014 2550 need new captains chair due to arm rest flopping around seems they still have issues

Does anyone know if the Armrest are repairable ?? I have a 2018 and both chairs have armrest that are sprung outward like the hinge point is very weak and they bent....... I would love to know how I can repair these !!! Thanks in advance for any help !!!

Is this a warranty issue? If so, contact your dealer. Good luck either way.

Back