Ultimate Bunk Boards - Anyone using them?

SMoore

Reaction score
It's time to replace my outer bunks as the carpet is torn and it looks terrible. Front boards are 13' and the back boards 7'.
I've been looking at the Ultimate Bunks. They are made out of extruded, polyethylene plastic, with no fillers and they claim it will not harm any boat finishes. They also offer a couple different mounting options.
They are expensive. I would have to get 10' sections and the shipping is quite high. For all the boards I would need, it would total $884.00, however this is a once and done project.
Anyone using these? Thoughts?

Thanks!

They are like bunk boards made of Trex, right ? Good concept, but expensive. I read mixed reviews. You can purchase easy install plastic bunks, which seem to be the rage now. Not nearly as expensive. I have a new Deluxe Yacht Club trailer with plastic covered bunks, but I can't tell you how much i like it yet. Picking it up in 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Yes from what it seems. I know I could just recover my current boards as the wood is in good condition, just not sure how long that would last. My previous toon has the plastic in which you're talking about and I had good luck with that stuff, although it was a much smaller and lighter toon.

An guy on another forum came up with the idea of ripping a PVC fence post cover like this 4 in. x 4 in. x 100 in. White Traditional Post Jacket in two and covered his wooden 2x4 bunks with it. If your bunk material is wider, I know they make larger sizes. I don't recall how he attached them but will try to find the old post.

Edited to add a link to the post I was referring to: New Bunks. He screwed the covers to the sides of his 2x4 bunks with SS sheet metal screws.

Last edited:
i've heard a lot of good things about the gatorback bunk covers. the UltimateRebuilds youtube channel has done it on both of his pontoon trailers and putting the LED's under the clear gatorback covers looks really good, especially if you boat into the evening.

I ended up opting for Carpet as I read it was easier to load - the carpet provided some resistance where the plastic bunks are slippery, that tactile feel allowed the boat to have some resistance before a final throttle push. I have also seen some video's of boats sliding off plastic bunks - though they obviously forgot to attach the winch line on the dock. I would think the boat would better align as you pulled it out of the water with the plastic bunks?!?! So many options....

Back