Ultra Legs/Sea Legs - Remote control advice

Jeff_TH

Reaction score
Guys,

A bit of preventative advice on the "Legs" remote control device. We got a new 22SVSR last spring, and enjoyed the heck out of it last summer. Due to late ice out this year, we didn't get it in the water until Memorial weekend. Last week I was at out cabin, doing some work. Out plan has been to dock the pontoon on the east side of our dock when we're not there, and then have it stationed on an auxiliary L section around the other side of our boat lift.

I dropped the pontoon in the water, and moved it over to the other side of the dock. From there, things got interesting. The Ultra Legs remote would work, and then it wouldn't. This went on for three or four times. Thinking to look at the simple fix first, and pulled two batteries (CR2032) from an extra remote, and put them in the one programmed to the legs controller. I could tell the CR2032's addressed the issue, as the red light at the top of the remote was much brighter.

All of this is to offer a word of caution - change the remote batteries before you need to.

Jeff

I just picked up the Bluetooth adapter to use my phone with Ultralegs. Now I just have to avoid dropping my phone in the lake at the dock!

Back