Ultra Legs/Sea Legs

Steve

Reaction score
Let me start by saying my prayers are with the families that lost loved ones and all their property in the Chetek Wisconsin tornado yesterday. 

I have Ultra Legs (a better version of Sea Legs IMO) and the tornado passed less than an 1/8 of a mile from my boat. It didn't move 1 inch. We all know a tornado can tear apart one house and leave the one next door untouched. But I think this eases my mind a bit about the sturdiness of them and their ability to handle wind. 

Hello Steve.

That is good news regarding your boat! I live in Hudson WI. and had the storms blow through yesterday afternoon and evening. The tornado sirens did go off, but fortunately nothing landed around Hudson. It certainly was a different story in Chetek. My best wishes and prayers go out to all of those where affected by this storm.

Are the Ultra Legs made by the same company as Sea Legs?

No they are made by someone else. I had Sea Legs on my previous 2 Benningtons and loved them but their customer service and standing behind their product was dismal at best. My dealer and the marina in Chetek dumped Sea Legs this past year for Ultra Legs. I had a weld issue on one of the Legs within the warranty period and they denied/never returned the dealers or my calls regarding it. The dealer split the cost with me to fix it. Ultra Legs Has a better design but operate the same way. 

Let me start by saying my prayers are with the families that lost loved ones and all their property in the Chetek Wisconsin tornado yesterday.

I have Ultra Legs (a better version of Sea Legs IMO) and the tornado passed less than an 1/8 of a mile from my boat. It didn't move 1 inch. We all know a tornado can tear apart one house and leave the one next door untouched. But I think this eases my mind a bit about the sturdiness of them and their ability to handle wind.
Let me start by saying my prayers are with the families that lost loved ones and all their property in the Chetek Wisconsin tornado yesterday.

I have Ultra Legs (a better version of Sea Legs IMO) and the tornado passed less than an 1/8 of a mile from my boat. It didn't move 1 inch. We all know a tornado can tear apart one house and leave the one next door untouched. But I think this eases my mind a bit about the sturdiness of them and their ability to handle wind.

Hi Steve,I am new to the pontoon world . We have a 2017 24ssbxp with a 150 Evinrude and have been looking into legs for a while . I liked the idea of the Hewitt wide based legs for the extra side to side stability but have concerns whether they will fit as we have a SPS tritoon with strakes. I have been measuring and conversing with Chris at Hewitt. We live at a lake in Saskatchewan and can get some nasty winds on occasion. Our lake bottom is quite firm sand. When we will park the boat we will only be in about 18” water and would lift the boat about a foot out of the water. Hewitt also had concerns about the boat tipping back in shallow water because the legs are mounted a bit ahead of where they like due to the extended aft deck with the engine so far back. Do you or anyone else think I should be concerned about the narrower width of Ultra or Sea legs or the tipping issue?

Yes, you should. Sea Legs for tri-toons have NOT been perfected. Had a big R-series equipped with Sea Legs blow over on our lake and the insurance company paid huge bucks for the repairs, not to mention months loss of use.

Back