Under deck “block”

Is that the graphite Simtex with the carbon metallic accent? Looks slick!

Looks like color is called “perforated graphite” accent with silver Simtex, looks nice but hopefully doesn’t get too hot!

A few more pics, so far my favorite option is the reclining G captains chair with the flip up bolster so it acts like a leaning post. I’ll be navigating through a lot of wood at times so need to be on the constant lookout. Also notice the bow where we had a custom fishing layout. Next to a standard 23SXP in the background you can compare where we added another 2 feet to the casting deck and added chairs.

I can almost smell the engine exhaust boys, so very close!

2AF234B7-2FC5-4C65-8255-7516895A1983.jpegE45B9E93-6A32-4CF1-8EDC-08696920855E.jpeg97A2EE33-9D11-43B0-A867-45D9984F718A.jpeg

I would like to do a SPDX with 2 reclining captain's chairs in place of those 4 nasty bass seats.

You guys are both correct - they are ugly as sin but very comfortable. Could always change them out down the road but the reclining captains chairs would be a problem with swivel clearance with each other and providing enough room to pass by the helm. It’s already tight with the bass chairs.

Looks like color is called “perforated graphite” accent with silver Simtex, looks nice but hopefully doesn’t get too hot!

A few more pics, so far my favorite option is the reclining G captains chair with the flip up bolster so it acts like a leaning post. I’ll be navigating through a lot of wood at times so need to be on the constant lookout. Also notice the bow where we had a custom fishing layout. Next to a standard 23SXP in the background you can compare where we added another 2 feet to the casting deck and added chairs.

I can almost smell the engine exhaust boys, so very close!

View attachment 27120View attachment 27121View attachment 27122
I was hoping you were going to say it was graphite Simtex with the perforated carbon metallic accent as that is what we did on our build. Never saw the combo in person before submitting the build but my wife convinced me into that combo since we have two kids under the age of two and our white seats in the jet boat get destroyed from Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches haha

I was hoping you were going to say it was graphite Simtex with the perforated carbon metallic accent as that is what we did on our build. Never saw the combo in person before submitting the build but my wife convinced me into that combo since we have two kids under the age of two and our white seats in the jet boat get destroyed from Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches haha

That’s exactly the same for me. It’s going to be Kool-Aid bombs going off every trip so as much as I love white I don’t want our expensive boat looking like my now-destroyed couch. I know that the Simtex cleans up easy, but why take the chance??

Went to West Marine this afternoon to pick up some things - wow their shelves are BARE!

Drink bixes/pouches are your friend. They usually have clear liquid inside. All the ones we've bought have been clear anyway.

Keep those little squirt bottles of flavoring for bottled water FAR AWAY from your vinyl seats.

It's like unwrapping the best ever Christmas present! Looks like we all have a similar super structure on our Bennys interfering with water and wind flow. If it made a big difference, Bennington probably would have contoured a baffle to allow less drag. When you get it home, take some pics of entire boat in and out for us and list specs. If you make a baffle, show us pics and pattern....or make them and sell aluminum baffles! :p
I could feel a jerk when water from a wave would hit the plate so I had a local welder tack on a few pieces. He had to do it while the boat was on the trailer and not much room to work.
Engine Pod Addition.jpg

That is fantastic - thanks for sharing! I actually was considering welding at first but then worried about doing hot work when I didn’t know what was behind it. Current idea is to have that plate with “wings” so it can be pop riveted instead. But glad to see someone else knocking this out!

Back