Underwater lighting and Fosgate amp/subwoofer

Gastonguy

Reaction score
Can any of you share with me your impressions of the upgraded stereo options(kicker speakers, amp, sub) available and the underwater lighting available. I have seen some kids do the blue lighting under their cars and I am not impressed. However, I have seen in pictures the underwater lighting on some yachts and it looks pretty good. I do not do a lot of fishing yet so can't really say I would use it to attract fish at night. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I have underdeck lights at the back of my pontoon on each side of the engine and under the front lip of each bench seat. My boat is blue so the led lights are blue too. I think it looks good and have had lots of compliments on them. I dock my boat all season so I would have to clean any underwater lights. I upgraded to Kicker component speakers and they sound much better then the ultimate speakers that came with the boat. My 2009 came with a Rockford Fosgate radio and it puts out good bass with the Kickers. I just have not felt the need for a sub on this boat, plus sub amps need a lot of power. I would recomend a speaker upgrade first and see how you like the sound. If you want more bass and can give it the power it needs go for a sub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back