Update on 22 SSRX post from below

Scotty1

Reaction score
From the previous post, I had added a few things 4 Blade prop, shark hide and new ski tow bar.

The new Spitfire 4 blade prop I was running was a great improvement over the 3 blade Black Max. The speed between the two props didn't change much if at all, still 32 mph, but the RPM's were a little higher at 6200 vrs 6000 with 3 blade. The benefit was greatly improved holding at high trim and turns and rough water with no blow out. I was able to trim to 50% on gauge and generate a rooster tail behind boat pretty awesome if you ask me. 

Was hoping to tweek further and get the rpms back down to 6K, but Mercury doesn't make a 15 pitch Spitfire prop for the 90 and 115ct motors, the next step up I think is 16 or 17 pitch and that's to high for my boat. I think once the toons get dirty and/or some extra weight on board the wot rpms will be with in range on 55-6000.

The new turbo swing tow bar works like it should, and the water really beads up on the toons after shark hide was applied.

Specs,

On board was 2 Adults,+ 1 beautiful child, full fuel 22 gals.

22ft express tube, 115 Mercury ct with clean toons

original prop  3 blade black max 15 by 15P, 32 mph 6000 rpm

new prop 4 blade Spitfire 14 by 14P 31-32 mph 6200 rpm

The Quicksilver Nemesis is the same prop marketed under a different name as the Spitfire.  I think they have a 15 pitch.

Back