Update on Ethanol Mandate from Boating United

Jack M

Reaction score
boatingunited2015emailbanner.jpg

After 60 days, the EPA comment period on its propped ethanol mandate increase closed last night. Thanks to you and 3,404 other concerned citizens in the recreational boating industry, we told the government loud and clear: no more ethanol! And we told 98 Senators and 395 Representatives that we need Congressional action to fix this failed policy. That’s 92% of Congress!

And, it’s working. Last week Congress held a hearing on the ethanol mandate and invited a representative from the marine industry to testify. We are making a difference!

We expect the EPA to look closely at all comments it has received and make a final decision later this year. It is possible we will call on you again to speak on this issue in this near future—we hope you will!

Thanks again for your efforts, and we hope you are able to spend some quality time on the water!

—Your friends at Boating United

I recieved the same one this morning.

They most likely sent them to everyone who signed 

Got it too

Last edited by a moderator:
It was made very clear to me that anything topic that was political in nature was off the table for discussion on this forum.

:wacko:   Hmmm.

It would be ignorant to believe that 100% of the forum members were on a certain side of this issue.

My point is that these topics are perfectly fine to discuss!

I truly enjoy the back & forth with those of opposing views.

Often times, this can open our minds and actually learn something!

Bill, I believe that this topic although political has a direct impact on boating and therefore while this topic is acceptable I can certainly understand why pure political is not 

Link, on 29 Jul 2015 - 08:45 AM, said:Bill, I believe that this topic although political has a direct impact on boating and therefore while this topic is acceptable I can certainly understand why pure political is not 
Many political topics do indeed affect us and our sport.

Picking & choosing is a slippery slope.

Doesn't even belong there, our bodies are not designed by nature to eat grains of any type period and neither are cattle.

Ask any old school meat processor and they will all tell you that grass fed animals are always healthy versus grain fed animals, there is a reason all grain fed animals are processed by or before they are 2 years old because their organs are all shot and on the verge of being diseased already. I raise my own beef and grew up doing it both ways and have not grain fed one for about 15 years and my meat processor always comments on how much nicer it is to process and the organs are all still edible, grain fed animals organs are rarely saleable.

I went grain free in my own diet about a year and a half ago and was pre diabetic and am now 85 lbs. lighter and have perfect blood panels and perfect body mass index as of a week ago with a bit of exercise along with the grain free diet.

Myself I prefer the taste of corn fed and I am not an organ  eater 

Ask any old school meat processor and they will all tell you that grass fed animals are always healthy versus grain fed animals, there is a reason all grain fed animals are processed by or before they are 2 years old because their organs are all shot and on the verge of being diseased already. I raise my own beef and grew up doing it both ways and have not grain fed one for about 15 years and my meat processor always comments on how much nicer it is to process and the organs are all still edible, grain fed animals organs are rarely saleable.

I went grain free in my own diet about a year and a half ago and was pre diabetic and am now 85 lbs. lighter and have perfect blood panels and perfect body mass index as of a week ago with a bit of exercise along with the grain free diet.
Well if grass fed beef is better.........

I want beef from cattle that were fed beef from cattle that were grass fed!

That should be TOP NOTCH!

Second only to.......

beef from cattle that were fed beef from cattle that were fed beef from cattle that were fed beef from cattle that were grass fed!

Hey guys, lets try not to get too far off topic here. I like grains and i like beef, i don't like ethanol and i don't like politics.

The point here is that ethanol is not good for our engines, and the only way for us to have a voice in the matter is to tell our representitives how we feel. Let's keep it at that. ;)

Hey guys, lets try not to get too far off topic here. I like grains and i like beef, i don't like ethanol and i don't like politics.

The point here is that ethanol is not good for our engines, and the only way for us to have a voice in the matter is to tell our representitives how we feel. Let's keep it at that. ;)
This would be political lobbying.

I was warned previously, and I was nowhere near as close to crossing the line as this remark.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'!

One simply needs to remember that everything you read was written by someone.

The writer is most often trying to represent one side or the other through selective facts.

The saying "Numbers don't lie, but they can be manipulated" holds true as well for statistics journalists use to lead you to their conclusion.

You should clarify that this is your opinion.

The engine manufactures approve of a blend of up to 10%
Just because the blend is approved doesn't mean it's good for the engine...

The fact is Ethanol attracts moisture - plane and simple...

And moisture is not good on the inside of our engines...

Back