Upgrade to double Bimini?

karim7783

Reaction score
Howdy!

I recently picked up a 25 L Bowrider Fastback, currently it has a Bimini top in the rear, but I've see boats running dual Bimini tops (one fore, one aft).

Wondering if anyone has ever either installed (or had installed) a matching Bimini top?

Does Bennington sell kits for installing a second Bimini? (I'd want it to match the existing one perfectly)

OR is there a place that sells a kit to install a new one (and replace the existing one) to make sure they match?

Sorry for being very verbose in my ask, I'm okay with any option that leaves me with dual Bimini's that match perfectly (and are the kind of quality worth spending the money on)

Have to go through dealer. You can check boat builder to see if it was even an option first.

Following up in case anyone else is looking for the same thing I am: the Bowrider model doesn't have an optional second Bimini at present. I'm going to be keeping an eye out to see if either Bennington develops/releases one, or alternatively if I find something that looks like it's meant to be on the boat, will update here when one of those happens.

For now: probably going to run the TaylorMade Gazebo while at anchor

Howdy!

I recently picked up a 25 L Bowrider Fastback, currently it has a Bimini top in the rear, but I've see boats running dual Bimini tops (one fore, one aft).

Wondering if anyone has ever either installed (or had installed) a matching Bimini top?

Does Bennington sell kits for installing a second Bimini? (I'd want it to match the existing one perfectly)

OR is there a place that sells a kit to install a new one (and replace the existing one) to make sure they match?

Sorry for being very verbose in my ask, I'm okay with any option that leaves me with dual Bimini's that match perfectly (and are the kind of quality worth spending the money on)
Bennington has a second Bimini kit. I had one installed by the dealer this past summer. Perfect match and they zip together.

Just some thoughts I will share. Old boat single Bimini, wife was sitting in sun while I was in the shade. Asked dealer about getting forward Bimini to match, too expensive. Sold boat. Plan to get new boat with double Bimini. Saw friends double Bimini and determined that when it is down (laying on seats) in the front it was a pain to duck under . Found out that the front should have trailering struts. Ordered new boat, got the double Bimini. Determined that shade comfort was more important than the ducking under. Another thought was to just get a patio umbrella to use while at anchor and install in a seat post or similar. I have seen some after market setups using those fiberglass tent poles which seem like they might work. Bottom line is I would and did order the option on a new boat, would do some sort of after market on existing and not the Bennington OEM because of cost.

Back