Upholstery care - mold

cobalt19

Reaction score
Any good suggestions to removing this mold or staining taking place on my upholstery? Boat is always covered but exposed to the elements.

Any home solutions that you have used? Or product on the market that will clean this up? Want to keep seats clean for next couple months until I can get in storage. See attached pics. Thanks

Attachments

• Ben1.jpg
    Ben1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Ben2.jpg
    Ben2.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Ben3.jpg
    Ben3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 47
Yikes! I’ve used this with good results.
5A9D230F-40E1-47AE-B850-D38B1F765453.png

Reactions: DVW
Marine 31 Mildew Stain Remover. Found it to be the best. I use a vinyl & leather cleaning brush for scrubbing. On Amazon it's called a Nanometer Scratch Free Car Interior Cleaning Brush. Make sure to rinse thoroughly, several times.

Is your boat older with traditional marine vinyl or somewhat newer with the newer Simtex vinyl? Newer Simtex is going to have very specific cleaning guidelines for not voiding warranty as it is a totally different product. However, with the older traditional vinyl you have more options…and already likley off warranty anyway, so no worries in that direction.

Simtex cleaning instructions or stickied in one of the forums for reference.

McKees is from the same guy that sold marine 31. Here lives here in my neighborhood. I use the mildew remover and it’s awesome. The mildew prevention spray works wonders too.

Here are the updated Simtex care and cleaning instructions .

1661936767744.png

Any good suggestions to removing this mold or staining taking place on my upholstery? Boat is always covered but exposed to the elements.

Any home solutions that you have used? Or product on the market that will clean this up? Want to keep seats clean for next couple months until I can get in storage. See attached pics. Thanks
What year is your boat? I am having the same issue, and I have tried many different products with no luck.

Spray and Wash, yes for the laundry, works really well on the tough stains. I have tried everything and it works best.

Back