Upholstery repair

Mark Smith

Reaction score
We have upholstery damage, cracks and stitching unraveling. Has anyone had their upholstery professionally repaired, re-upholstered? Don't really have an idea as to the cost. Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks

Hey Mark how old is your boat and do you have any pics of the damage? Is it still under warranty? We had a couple seats professionally reupholstered on our bowrider back in the day. Everybody used to step on these seats to board the boat and they wore out! A local shop performed the task and they matched the other seats perfectly! What we paid to have them done doesn't really help you much because it was over 20 yrs ago.

We had our 2008 25RCW completely reupholstered last fall at Lake Cumberland. It was $8500. We were going to replace the carpet but after talking to the Bennington dealer and learning what a nightmare that process was we decided we could live with the old carpet. We had a new mooring cover made for it also at $1200. It took 2 years to get the work done between covid and material shortages but it is beautiful. We felt it was a fair price and since to replace the boat is $145000 now, it was the right decision for us.

I think what Remediation mentioned above is a big part of putting these costs in perspective.

Reupholster and getting new covers made, etc…are expensive. However, if you hire quality people for those jobs, the work comes back looking as good as new.

And the difference in price between reupholster costs (which look high at first) and then simply getting a new boat (whoa!) is so huge - especially these days.

I think a good boat reupholstory business should be able to get you taken care of on your year boat with the older style marine vinyl and get make it all look new. It will be pricey up front, but if you take care of it properly and keep it covered, should last 10-15 years pretty easily.

I had just a few sections redone, what you see here plus a couple more cushions. Getting the matching oem material was a nightmare, but you won't have to deal with that if all of the interior is getting done. Seven yards of the correct material was $320. Labor at a local shop was $1078. All prices are from 2012 so figure about double that in today's dollars. Good luck.

IMG_0051.jpg

Back