Upper Mississippi ice out, FINALLY!!!

Kurt

Reaction score
So, on Sunday April 22nd we finally had the "ice out" on the Mississippi!!!IMG_3896.jpg

To celebrate, I picked up my new RCW I ordered before thanksgiving (had been sitting at the dealer since January!). Supposed to be 72 degrees on Sunday. I plan on putting the boat in for the day on Sunday and will try to avoid ice bergs and floating trees!! Wish me luck! IMG_3919.JPGIMG_3923.JPGIMG_3926.JPGIMG_3929.JPG

What a beauty!!!

Nice layout. Anxious to hear a review down the road on your lilypad. Also curious as to what you have to do with the lilypad to cover and uncover

What a beauty!!!
Sheesh, are you talking about the boat, the truck, the home, or that phenomenal indoor showroom?? That's a lot of boats tucked in there!

Sheesh, are you talking about the boat, the truck, the home, or that phenomenal indoor showroom?? That's a lot of boats tucked in there!

Yeah I noticed that showroom too!!! WOW!!!!!

I pick mine up tomorrow at the same dealer. The dealer already had a big indoor showroom and then the Walmart next door decided to move and the dealer bought the building with the huge parking lot! I'm fairly sure the indoor hook up photo is in the old Walmart.

Congrats on the pick up of your new toon! It really is chaos around Miller right now with all the pontoons and being a month behind on spring they are way behind on deliveries. By the way, who was your salesperson?

And yes, it is an old walmart. It is actually not their showfloor, it is for storage and it is completely full of pontoons!! They do have a large indoor showroom with mostly cars but also about 20-30 pontoons. They also have the entire old walmart parking lot full of pontoons as is the parking lot of the service center down the road!! They are truly the largest
Bennnington dealer in the world!

And thanks for complements on my truck and home.

Congrats on the pick up of your new toon! It really is chaos around Miller right now with all the pontoons and being a month behind on spring they are way behind on deliveries. By the way, who was your salesperson?

And yes, it is an old walmart. It is actually not their showfloor, it is for storage and it is completely full of pontoons!! They do have a large indoor showroom with mostly cars but also about 20-30 pontoons. They also have the entire old walmart parking lot full of pontoons as is the parking lot of the service center down the road!! They are truly the largest
Bennnington dealer in the world!

And thanks for complements on my truck and home.
My sales guy was Jeff S and congrats on your boat as well. We did the R series FastBack 2 toon with a 115. We will be sitting in boat in the driveway tomorrow night having a cocktail with the radio on.....

Nice layout. Anxious to hear a review down the road on your lilypad. Also curious as to what you have to do with the lilypad to cover and uncover
Cover works with Lilly pad in place. Just can’t snap the 1-2 cover snaps in the very rear

My 9 and 14 year old already love it and they haven’t even used it yet! Just think of how much more fun it will be when they can!

My sales guy was Jeff S and congrats on your boat as well. We did the R series FastBack 2 toon with a 115. We will be sitting in boat in the driveway tomorrow night having a cocktail with the radio on.....
Kurt, Did Miller provide the tie down straps when you picked the boat and trailer or did you bring your own?

Hey Kurt, it only costs 80% more to go first class, right? :)

My salesman (Kirk) did supply tie down straps when I bought my toon and trailer (wish I would have known that)! They are good quality and He even trimmed them all to length for me!

80% more for 100% more fun (at least that’s what I tell myself)!

I also acquired extra Bennington logos and peeled off the Yacht Club trailer stickers and upgraded!

48448FE0-BD06-4BA5-800F-CF4AA02998EB.jpeg

And I went with the license numbering from “Domed Lettering”

Not fully please with the “match” they guarantee but emailed them photos and asked if they plan on upgrading their styling to match better. Will let everyone know their answer.

Attachments

• 70C5A725-3E6C-4856-BE13-20214C6E0B66.jpeg
    70C5A725-3E6C-4856-BE13-20214C6E0B66.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 25
My salesman (Kirk) did supply tie down straps when I bought my toon and trailer (wish I would have known that)! They are good quality and He even trimmed them all to length for me!

80% more for 100% more fun (at least that’s what I tell myself)!

I also acquired extra Bennington logos and peeled off the Yacht Club trailer stickers and upgraded!

View attachment 22092

And I went with the license numbering from “Domed Lettering”

Not fully please with the “match” they guarantee but emailed them photos and asked if they plan on upgrading their styling to match better. Will let everyone know their answer.

How much were the extra Bennington logos? They do look nice!

I schmoozed my salesman! This was my 3rd toon with him and I have referred several buyers so he does some favors for me. Tell your salesman to get you a set from Bennington.

Looks great! Congratulations on picking it up. I too would love to hear about the Lillypad once you’ve been able to use it a bit. We almost added it to ours last year, but ended up not doing so due to being on a fairly shallow lake.

That said, I love them in videos, and if we were on a deeper lake, I would have added one to the back of our Bennington last year when we got it.

Wow great looking boat. You are going to have a great summer enjoying that Bennington.

Back