Valet vs Slip

Lilguy

Reaction score
Is there any concern using valet/in and out service with a pontoon with a matched trailer? My boating family is small and the modern marina we use is a bit tight for us to comfortably slip it. All Slip run parallel to the river. Slip launching and returning after hours is a challenge with any kind of wind. They have let me try both the last 8 weeks of the season, In and out service is by far the least stressful of the two options. Once, maybe twice a week occasionally, outing are how it will be used. All input appreciated. Thanks

I would have 2 concerns . Are they insured ? Would your insurance cover any damage done by them ?

My insurance will cover their handling of my boat. The place is booked solid with a waiting list. Slipped or valet its your risk. Contract is very specific. Ive done an in and out before with a deck boat but I'm new to pontoons.

If their Valet damages Your boat you have to file an insurance claim and take the hit on the possibilities of your rates going up ?
The only reason I asked about your insurance company was if their company was giving you a hard time ,you had a fall back .
Does this valet company even have insurance ?
If not ,I would keep my slip .

Obviously, because they offer valet services, they do have some level of experience and likely the proper equipment. However, things do happen and you could end up with a damaged toon. On the flip side, reducing your stress both before and at the end of your boating day is worth something!

Personally, I’d call your insurance agent and discuss the situation with him/her, making sure that there’s no potential problems if you have to file a claim. And remember, it sounds like you’re on the hook for your deductible.

That said, welcome to the pontoon boating world! I think you’re going to really enjoy your Bennington! Maybe post a few pictures for us to see.

We just put our boat in a dry storage facility. They of course use forklifts to launch and retrieve customers boats. Their insurance cover damages that are caused by them. Our insurance had to have a minimum of $500000 Protection and indemnity liability insurance which we had.

Our insurance was totally on board with the program.. We changed companies mid stream with no hesitation. Both said this is normal. They will launch and retrieve from my trailer, will be kept inside when not in use.

The Fox River/ChainOlakes is a murky water way. Leaving it in water it’ll get a lot of build up on the boat, including zebra mussels, Just more mantinance in the end.

The Fox River/ChainOlakes is a murky water way. Leaving it in water it’ll get a lot of build up on the boat, including zebra mussels, Just more mantinance in the end.
We had the opportunity to keep our boat in the water all year around. But decided against it! For those that do in the colder climates ....... Does the crap build up on the toons lessen in the winter months because of the water temp. or is it the same as summer temps?!? Curious.

Mine is in a slip from May to October, the slime does not build up as fast in the cooler months. I never get that heavy build up ,because I wipe mine down often. That wipe down is over for this season .

Back