Verado simonized

Damn Maholli. That may be the fastest boat on here. Think what it would run without all that sea deck
And you’ve also made me feel better. Was feeling a little guilty about flashing my ‘16 Yamaha with 220 hrs. Just couldn’t help it.

Well, i think most dealers rig incorrectly for performance. When i picked up from dealer it was was 15 pitch and rigged to low and only 47mph, any 250 or more on a 23ft should b 50mph boat. My dealer told me i would never c 50mph haha.. So before i left i had them raise motor and put 17 pitch and was 51mph. Then simon says and now im really smiling. :)

Original my 2018 23ssbxp sps+ with 250verado pro 4 stoke, stock 17 pitch enertia 51.7/6250rpm with full gas and gear 2 people, simonized 345hp 19pitch enertia 58.6/6250rpm same load. Fuel economy much improved in mid range, very pleased.
WOW! Thats fast! Im considering doing either the simon tune or the Whipple. Can't decide.

I have the 350 Verado. Both claim 105HP increase. I'd like to see what that does for my Q25. Current top speed with the Enertia 14.5x17P was 50.6MPH

What engine height did you end up with? I just received my 23ss sps+ with a Mercury 250 Pro XS? Dealer has it in lowest hole and 16" Enertia per Bennington. It hasn't been wet yet and I'm thinking of going up one hole and trying my spare 17" Enertia initially.

Definitely 2nd hole from top and 17 pitch. With flash im 19 pitch but when was stock 250hp was 17

I contacted simons about doing a 350 tune and they said they were not able to offer that service at this time and could offer an explanation for it.
In the last 2 weeks the verado has been taken of the whipple web page as well.

with Both of them pulling most mercury stuff off there webpage it appears mercury must be after them.

This group is awesome. Still in awe at the personal testing done by many of you. Yip! By far more than many dealers do themselves for their own knowledge or customers lol. Not to deviate from chip talk but our boat will be here soon and I don’t plan on altering the output. Actually I’m not certain it can be done anyways (23SSBXPA w/250 v8 Merc). Chipping is not really an interest of mine anyways. What is important is Propping and motor height install for top-end and not overall performance. From the searches I’ve done, it seems the 15x17 Enertia will definitely get us in the high 46+ range vs the 15x15 which was recommended by Bennington/Mercury. Along with 2hole (from top) motor height? TIA

I can’t speak for what you will need to do exactly but make sure the dealer is willing to swap props with you if you think you need something different than what they thought you need.
I am amazed at how many boats are sent out and no thought at all is given to the motor height or prop by the dealer and that is all brands and dealers. I guess we are supposed to putt around at 10 or 15 mph. They are just old pontoons after all.

Back