vertical lift

bigmaz

Reaction score
Getting our first pontoon,a 2275gcw and have been looking at all of the lifts out there.So far we've narrowed it down to a shorestation 4000lb vertical lift and a floe 4600 electric winch model.Even though the electric seems easier were not sure about reliability.Looking for opinions on lifts and type? Thx

I have a shorestation with an added electric motor. I have been very happy with it, except I don't like shore stations canopy. I don't know about Floe but they look to be well built.

Getting our first pontoon,a 2275gcw and have been looking at all of the lifts out there.So far we've narrowed it down to a shorestation 4000lb vertical lift and a floe 4600 electric winch model.Even though the electric seems easier were not sure about reliability.Looking for opinions on lifts and type? Thx
What lift did you decide to go with? I ordered the Floe VSD 5000 and am having it installed this Sunday. I went with the 120V version, so I am very excited to see it in action. My Bennington hasn't been built yet, but can't wait to get it out on Lake Nokomis in Wisconsin.

Have you looked at a Porta-Lift? They seem to be made really well, and overall (comparatively speaking, I guess!), seem reasonably priced...and since they're made in Minnesota, the shipping costs shouldn't be too bad for delivery to you.

We've had ours, a 3000 lb. cable lift model for going on seven years, and it looks and works as good as when I first got it...and would probably buy another one in an instant if I had to.

My only frustration is that the "deluxe" wheel kit for moving it around is probably the worst, most poorly designed add on I've ever seen!

Putz21, just wondering how you like your new lift (that Floe)? I find myslef talking my way out of boat rides simply becasue it will take too long to take the cover off and then put it back on. I would really like to have a covered hoist/lift (an electric one too) and lift the boat up high against the hoist cover so I don't always have to cover the boat. That way I can simply lower the boat into the water, cruise around, place it back on the hoist, and lift it up high against the hoist cover again.

quote name='keithkz' timestamp='1308495098' post='1929']

Putz21, just wondering how you like your new lift (that Floe)? I find myslef talking my way out of boat rides simply becasue it will take too long to take the cover off and then put it back on. I would really like to have a covered hoist/lift (an electric one too) and lift the boat up high against the hoist cover so I don't always have to cover the boat. That way I can simply lower the boat into the water, cruise around, place it back on the hoist, and lift it up high against the hoist cover again.

Keith, I absolutely love my new Floe VSD 5000. The lift is so quiet, it is unbelievable. I also got the remote control accessory so I can start lowering the pontoon into the water from shore or start raising the pontoon once I have just pulled in from my key chain! I would highly recommend this lift. Very well built, quiet, and very nice looking. I just took delivery of my Bennington this past weekend, but I could not imagine having to put the cover on every time. What a hassel that would be. Hope this helps! Here is my setup.

Bennington 3.jpg[

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious. What does a lift normally run? I keep my Bennington in the water for the season, but I too find taking off and putting on the cover is a hassle. To charge the batteries do you need a dedicated electrical outlet or could you use a solar power charger?

Curious. What does a lift normally run? I keep my Bennington in the water for the season, but I too find taking off and putting on the cover is a hassle. To charge the batteries do you need a dedicated electrical outlet or could you use a solar power charger?
My Floe lift was just over $10K. I have a dedicated electrical outlet for it and a remote control to lift it/lower it from shore. There is also a battery option, but I didn't want to deal with the hassel of having a dead battery so I had them run a electrical line and install an outlet from my boathouse. I figured if I spent that much on a Bennington I could fork out a bit more to really protect it and not leave it in the water all summer long. IMHO, I think it is money well spent to protect the bigger prize!

Back