Vinyl Die ???

I have not seen that product, i have used a product called Color Bond on car interiors, seems to cover well, but have as yet to see it's long term durability.

What the heck, get a small can and try it out!

I have used vinyl dye before with mixed results. Color matching is not as easy as one would think. But good news, most mildew spots are easily removable with a magic eraser.

Magic eraser????

I have used vinyl dye before with mixed results. Color matching is not as easy as one would think. But good news, most mildew spots are easily removable with a magic eraser.

Mr Clean (P&G) makes them. They are wonderful. Cleans without damage. Won't fix everything bit does a great job.

You can get Magic Erasers at just about any grocery store. There are generic brands out there too that work the same. They look like white foam sponges, you just moisten them and rub at the area that needs cleaning. Very rarely is anything more than moderate scrubbing required.

Has TB ever said what they thought of the use of magic eraser's? Just wondered if they were harmful in any way to the vinyl. Might have to throw one on board if I get a stubborn mark.

Derrick

Has TB ever said what they thought of the use of magic eraser's? Just wondered if they were harmful in any way to the vinyl. Might have to throw one on board if I get a stubborn mark.

Derrick
My neighbor has used them on their Bennington and Malibu for a long time and they don't seem to do any harm. The "magic" is actually melamine foam that is micro-abrasive, generally used for hard surfaces. I've used it sparingly for stubborn spots on vinyl and surfaces in my boats and it does a great job removing them quickly. I have not noticed any change to the sheen either.

Back