Vinyl seat staining/discoloration cause by playpen cover.

Jeffery

Reaction score
Has anyone had any problems where the vinyl seats have stained or discolored due to the playpen cover? I have tried a few products, but I have had no luck thus far. Any ideas?

I have a 2013 2575RL, this spring I replaced the playpen / mooring cover with a factory cover. In three different areas the top of the vinyl seats are becoming discolored. The discoloration was slight back in July, but has gotten worse over time. I am very meticulous with the upkeep of my boat, some have said it still looks brand new. Any thoughts or help with this matter would be greatly appreciated. I haven't addressed this issue with the dealer yet. I'm sick over this, as there are no other stains or discoloration anywhere on my boat. Thanks in advance for anyones help.

Okay so are you both saying that the discoloring is the mooring cover bleeding/leaching over onto the seats? I believe several members (Jack) have posted how to clean the Simtex fabric on this forum. It should be helpful! If it doesn't work, contact your dealer or an upholstery place may have some ideas. I believe that some members have even left it out in the sun and the discoloration disappeared!

GWLK's is a 2013, not simtex. Definitely contact your dealer. My 2014 had started to bleed ( red on white) and the fabric was breaking down The cover was replaced by Bennington.

I don't have access to the Simtex instructions right now, you can do a search in the upper right corner.

Back