warranty question

bob johnson

Reaction score
Does anyone know the phone number for warranty questions on a Bennington?  I have emailed my Dealer Taylor Marine a few times, they in a different state than where my boat is AND they have not responded to me with Benningtons phone number.  The arm rest on my Captains seat broke and boat is only a year old.  I wanted to see if it was covered under the warranty or if they can recommend some one in MO to fix it and put new armrest on it,

Did you try to call your dealer. Maybe your email is not getting to them. Typically you have to start through the dealer. I hate to say it, but we've become too reliant on digital communication (myself included). I think a call should be placed to your dealer before Bennington.

Also do a search for Bennington dealers near you. Any Bennington dealer "should" cover warranty work, but don't be surprised if you are not top priority if you purchased elsewhere. My armrest was easily replaced, you can probably do it yourself if it's just the pin that broke, they may be able to get you the arm. Mine flipped to rear and pulls out, put new one in with it facing rearward at 9 o'clock then flipped forward to 3 o'clock position.

Last edited by a moderator:
The whole boat from bow to stern is covered. Your dealer is the one who should fix it, unless you have another Bennington dealer closer. But......... if you didn't buy from them they might make you wait a bit and........ you're not the first person with this same seat problem.

I'm amazed how many dealers must not explain the warranty coverage to new owners.

I will call dealer Monday morning, I was hoping I could contact bennington my self since dealer is 150 miles away from lake I keep it in and I do not want to pull it out and lose a month of boating at lake while he gets around to it.  Since he did not return emails I was hoping to handle this myself and fix in a few hours at the dock myself.

The arm rest broke off of my captains seat on my first trip out. It was replaced under warranty by the dealer. The dealer said Bennington had a 'bad batch' of them. 

I will call dealer Monday morning, I was hoping I could contact bennington my self since dealer is 150 miles away from lake I keep it in and I do not want to pull it out and lose a month of boating at lake while he gets around to it.  Since he did not return emails I was hoping to handle this myself and fix in a few hours at the dock myself.
Again, it's possible he never saw your emails and a call to him may clarify that. It's also possible he may be able to get the arm and send it to you. Was he the closest dealer when you purchased or was he the only one within 150 miles?

I am getting the arm rest covered under the warranty. I have to bring the boat to the dealer or take the seat off the boat and take seat to him.  I hope after 150 mile  trip  to the dealer he can repair it while I wait, He said he would be able to if he is not to busy.  Bennington will not ship repair part to me to do the repair( that would be to easy)  So I have to take boat to dealer to get repaired.  As far as the emails I kept sending to them, he got them and order part but had just not had time to email me back or call me to let me know.

Dealer said part would ship on 8-12-14 so hopefully I will call this week end and be able to take to them to repair.

The seat will lift off the pedestal so you won't have to bring them the boat.

Bennington deals with the dealer for a reason. Sorry, but that's how it is. Dealer gets paid to fix stuff. If boat owners started trying to fix stuff, there'd be even more issues.

Again, was this the closest dealer when you purchased your boat?

When I had a warranty claim I started it by going to Boat Builders page, clicked 7 year warranty, scrolled down to Need More Info, and filled in name etc and then wrote a short note.  Received a quick  email reply from Mandy and then took it from there

Back