warranty

SMLBENNY

Reaction score
Team Bennington responded to me Thursday evening about my original post. I am thankful they took the time to review and comment on the remarks I posted. Also, thank you to the moderators and admin's of this forum. It was not my intention to call out an individual person or dealer in an adverse light. My post hopefully brought about an awareness that a dealer can refuse to service or warranty your boat. I did not believe this was true and was looking for confirmation. Wondering if any other members had experienced this? I did feel like owners and potential owners should be aware of this, if it was actually true. It appears that Bennington is a very fast growing manufacturer and have a superior product which we have all invested in. Might I add, significant investment. I have purchased and am totally satisfied with my decision. Although, Bennington and this forum seem to growing rapidly, growing pains and lessons will continue to be learned I am sure. After reading the TB response I am still very happy with my decision and my N.C. Benny dealer.

This is the portion of the TB comment I feel all should be aware of: "Bennington dealers are not franchised and dealers do not sign contracts that obligate them to service boats they do not sell. It is in the dealer's BEST INTEREST to do so, but we cannot force them to do so. Dealers are reimbursed at posted retail shop rates to service any and all Bennington boats, but we do not pay for haul-outs, lake trips, etc." As you can read, I was wrong in thinking a Benny dealer would be obligated to perform warranty work on my boat. Of course realizing I may be shuffled to the back of the line for work,due to the fact the dealer should take care of customers who purchased from him 1st. I also was surprised that the dealers are not franchised. I am sure Bennington has put much effort and research in this to create as much sucess for them and thier dealers as possible. While ensuring the dealer's customers are very satisfied and happy with the Benny product.

I want to thank all readers of my post and thank you for your comments. I will be an active contributor to promote this for forum and the Bennington product.

Dealers are all different, I bought my boat engine and trailer from one dealer, didn't like their service dept or the trailer, got rid of the first trailer and bought one from a different dealer and took the toon to a different dealer with a more competant service department to do warranty work and other service work on the engine after I bought the boat. we have 3 boat dealers within a few miles of each other and I use them all for different things. One can't be tied down to a single place when it comes to the kind of investments we make. Shop around and talk to others with boats and you will soon find the best dealers for certain things in your area.

This is very common in the boating industry. Most dealers will work on the brands they sell. However, they will take care of those who purchased boats from them first. Glad your happy with your boat and dealer :D

Back