Water always in compartments

kshotwell43

Reaction score
Everytime it rains my compartments end up with a bunch of water in them.   I normally keep my boat covered but everytime I get caught out everything is soaked. What's the fix for this? Drill a hole through the bottom and through the wood?

There should be drain holes there already from the factory but I don't think they are waterproof. Ask your dealer for help.

Same issue on my father in laws toon.  There are channels with drain holes on the upper edge of the compartment.  I did not see any drain holes in the bottom of the compartment.  

The dealer said to put a slight angle (nose up) to the boat while it sit's on the lift.  Unless there is drain holes on the aft portion of the compartment this would seem pointless.  

The dealer said to put a slight angle (nose up) to the boat while it sit's on the lift.  Unless there is drain holes on the aft portion of the compartment this would seem pointless.  

I actually keep my boats bow higher on the lift. It keeps the water on the aft deck draining to the rear.I have found that the snap in carpet stays dry. Can't say anything about keeping the compartments dryer,never had any problem with water under the seats.

I had a few wet compartment issues so I used a punch and aligned the drain holes in the seat bases and put a SS screw about 1/2" away to keep it aligned. A little silicone on a q-tip sealed the edges no problem. So far so good! 

I had a few wet compartment issues so I used a punch and aligned the drain holes in the seat bases and put a SS screw about 1/2" away to keep it aligned. A little silicone on a q-tip sealed the edges no problem. So far so good! 

I had just seen how they aren't sealed, and think that is a pretty big oversight by the builders. Could easily be addressed when the boat is being built, but I'm going to do the same thing you did. I get tired of the wet contents when I get caught in the rain. 

Are you guys talking about the holes located in those channels right below the seat cushion?  Not holes in the bottom of the compartment.....

Are you guys talking about the holes located in those channels right below the seat cushion?  Not holes in the bottom of the compartment.....

Yep! If water does what it's supposed to do, it goes into those holes in the channel and not into the compartments, but since there was an oversight on the builders' side, water will go between the sections and make its way inside. Those holes funnel the water out and down the outside of the compartments. Those holes in the bottom of the compartment are for drainage if the water still makes its way into the storage areas.

Last edited by a moderator:

You're correct, I had a few wet compartments so I check the drainage out and found the issue. I just have an S so o thought it might not be part of the build process. Took about 15 minutes to get them all lined up and another 15 minutes to add the silicone. Had a craftsman punch that worked perfectly. Compartments have been dry ever since. 

Back