Water Appears to Be Flowing From Under Floor?

Pat and Renee

Reaction score
I have some issues with welds on my 22ft Tri Toon which had me paying closer attention to the boats performance. Out boating I checked the rear of boat and noticed non stop water coming from the under floor and dumping in and around the engine well. Note: The boat was under power and on plane and little to no water was back flowing into the engine well. I took vidio showing close up but too large to post so I attached a pic. I could be just a nervous boater but I've had this boat for 5 years and don't recall this or maybe I just never looked that close. I wonder if the gaps Bennington leaves on each side of boat at water line are too large and water is getting in at those points?

Attachments

• Water Flow Question.pdf
    117.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2179.jpg
    IMG_2179.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 91
All Benningtons have the same gap and the engine well will fill with water.

My concern is that the engine well was empty but I had water coming from back deck of boat dumping down into and around the engine well. I have the full waveshield and was wondering if water was getting inside and then finding it way out in the back of boat? See PDF attachment

Hmm, if memory serves me (and it often doesn't) I don't think mine does anything like that. I think I only have water in the well, regardless of speed but I'll confirm in a couple of weeks when we get back to the boat.

i bet the waveshield itself has an issue in it’s integrity and installation. That issue should not be happening. Likely water (too much) getting in the gap between waveshield somewhere and platform and running out the back.

Hey -curious if you got resolution on this. I just noticed the same thing on my 2021 22’ LFB Tritons and not sure if I just hadn’t noticed it all along or if it’s an issue.

Thanks.

Looking at photos I would expect to see a buildup of water above the underdeck. Every pontoon boat manufacturer will have a photo in their sales brochure that shows their high performance tri-toon at speed. This ‘money shot’ makes their pontoon look like a rocket ship. Looking closer one can see that the turbulent white water extruded between the tubes has risen all the way up to the under deck. The boat appears to be planning on the under deck. Under this condition one would expect to see water on top of the center tube. The attached photo of two of the same center tubes shows a thin gage plate under my thumb that I think is there to channel water. It does not exist on the other tube perhaps because the word rush was printed on top of the tube.
1658181030380.jpeg
1658181159574.jpeg

Back