Water spray, sides and aft

Fisher John 95757

Reaction score
I have been experiencing a lot of water spray off the front wings. I also have a significant amount of spray around and over the top of the back of the pontoons. Do I need new fins? Or is something wrong?

I have been experiencing a lot of water spray off the front wings. I also have a significant amount of spray around and over the top of the back of the pontoons. Do I need new fins? Or is something wrong?
Hey Fisher John..................

What kind of boat do you have? How many tubes do you have? What's your speed when this occurs? Are you bringing the trim up (raising the front end out of the water) after you are underway?

My ladder causes unwanted spray so I am going to work on a foil system to try and eliminate or reduce it. Just don't care for the unbalanced look. Fischer, sounds like yours is running low in the front.

Hey Fisher John..................

What kind of boat do you have? How many tubes do you have? What's your speed when this occurs? Are you bringing the trim up (raising the front end out of the water) after you are underway?
I have a 2275 with two pontoons and a 90 hp outboard. The trim gauge hasn't woked since I bought the boat. I have trimmed based on feel. I have a new trim gauge being installed in the next. Opulent of weeks. The leaking starts at about 22 miles per hour.

I have a 2275 with two pontoons and a 90 hp outboard. The trim gauge hasn't woked since I bought the boat. I have trimmed based on feel. I have a new trim gauge being installed in the next. Opulent of weeks. The leaking starts at about 22 miles per hour.
After you get your trim gauge fixed take your toon out to make sure you are trimming your motor up to get your front end up and out of the water. This could take care of your unwanted "spray" problem from the front. This might also take care of your "leaking" problem. If you do have the aluminum underskinning your boat could be running so low that water is splashing up and getting underneath it somehow and leaking up underneath your floor..........

Is it possible for you to take a few pics and post them so we all can get a good look of the underside of your boat??????

Back