Welcome to Club Bennington

New Bennington owner here... Haven't even taken delivery. Dealt with a great family owned dealership in Gastonia NC called New Hope Marina. Purchased a 2020 22 SSRXP with a 200 Yamaha. Nice because this month Yamaha is giving 2 extra years full warranty on the motor taking it to 5 years.

Attachments

• Pontoon7.jpg
    Pontoon7.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 37
New Bennington owner here... Haven't even taken delivery. Dealt with a great family owned dealership in Gastonia NC called New Hope Marina. Purchased a 2020 22 SSRXP with a 200 Yamaha. Nice because this month Yamaha is giving 2 extra years full warranty on the motor taking it to 5 years.
Nice boat! I just traded my 2013 22 SLX with Yamaha 115 for a 2017 22 SSRCXP with a Yamaha 150 (almost identical to yours but no second captains chair) and love it. Funny story....finally got chance to get it in water for first time after 2 months quarantine and after launching and fighting wind and boat ramp idiots, unhappy wife, etc. started right up but when I went to look for pee stream of water for engine water cooling, nothing!!!!! :( I was so ticked! Before I gave up I tried revving up in neutral a little and sure enough a mason bee plugged the small hole that water shoots from. Wet mud came out and success!!!!!!! The pee stream showed itself. Finally got to play with our almost new boat!:cool: The SPS performance tritoon hull along with electrically assisted power hydraulic steering makes cutting cookies almost as much fun as doing it in a car in a snow covered parking lot wheeeeeeeeeee:D

Last edited:
I was freaking about that once, but learned it takes 10-15 seconds after starting before the motor starts peeing.

Hey guys. I've never posted in this forum because I went straight to the top speed / prop switch question, lol. You know.. the important stuff.
Anyway, I just bought a 1999 Bennington 2275 RL with a Yamaha F100 motor. My first boat to escape the quarantine, but now I'm hooked on pontoons. I have it slipped at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie, TX.

Attachments

• Image uploaded from iOS (1).jpg
    Image uploaded from iOS (1).jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Image uploaded from iOS.jpg
    Image uploaded from iOS.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 39
Hey guys. I've never posted in this forum because I went straight to the top speed / prop switch question, lol. You know.. the important stuff.
Anyway, I just bought a 1999 Bennington 2275 RL with a Yamaha F100 motor. My first boat to escape the quarantine, but now I'm hooked on pontoons. I have it slipped at Joe Pool Lake in Grand Prairie, TX.
I am on west coast in Portland, Oregon where it is rivers and reservoir type of boating mainly so we trailer ours. After seeing people out on conventional boats with limited seating, it's like we have a floating living room (aircraft carrier) with tons of room compared to them. We used to have an inherited 1976 25' Bayliner Saratoga hardtop i/o with a cuddy cabin , but if you are a fair weather boater it is a waste to have a cabin and no easy bow access. Our pontoon can seat 13 and with SPS handling and decent 150 hp it is a wonderful 80 degree plus temp fair weather boat. I can't believe how many people spend big bucks on wakeboard boats with onboard ballast tank to create a giant wave so someone can surf 10' behind boat and use tons of fuel. The floating homes along river hate their monster wakes. I never realized how versatile modern tritoon boats are.

I am on west coast in Portland, Oregon where it is rivers and reservoir type of boating mainly so we trailer ours. After seeing people out on conventional boats with limited seating, it's like we have a floating living room (aircraft carrier) with tons of room compared to them. We used to have an inherited 1976 25' Bayliner Saratoga hardtop i/o with a cuddy cabin , but if you are a fair weather boater it is a waste to have a cabin and no easy bow access. Our pontoon can seat 13 and with SPS handling and decent 150 hp it is a wonderful 80 degree plus temp fair weather boat. I can't believe how many people spend big bucks on wakeboard boats with onboard ballast tank to create a giant wave so someone can surf 10' behind boat and use tons of fuel. The floating homes along river hate their monster wakes. I never realized how versatile modern tritoon boats are.
I could not agree more. For the price of a nice wakeboard jet boat you could have an ultra luxury tritoon that does insane speeds with a full bar. It could pull whatever you want while throwing a dinner party at the same time. To each there own I guess. I can't wait for my next stage tritoon 200hp monster... but 24mph on a $10k Benny feels pretty good for now.

Hey everybody! I am new to the club and expect to take ownership of a 2019 Bennington 23 SSBXP (swingback plan) with the SPS toon package. First time boat owner so I'll admit I'm a little anxious about trailering it to our lake house at Lake Livingston, Tx (70 miles) and getting it onto (and off) the lake for the 1st time. Working to have an existing boat slip I have use of revamped to handle the tritoon. I've really enjoyed the club so far and feel like I have already learned so much. Looking forward to more learning!

Welcome

Welcome and congratulations. That 23 SSBXP with the SPS hull will be a great boat. Many great times ahead on it!

Looks very nice! What motor are you getting put on the back?

Should be a good motor for that boat. It should preform very well for you.

New guy here. Just pick up our first pontoon. 2010 SLI 24 with 115 Yamaha four stroke. We looked for about a year and this was the one finally. We love it and cant wait until we take it out on the water. So happy we ended up with a Benny. It will be used on Castle Rock Lake in Wisconsin. We need to do a full detail on the boat and it will look brand new and hope to have that done this coming weekend. What are the best products to use for seats and carpet cleaning and protective coatings. Also the bimini has some mildew/ mold stains, is there any way to get that out? Thanks

Attachments

• 4833E252-7227-45CD-A309-761A368E7CE4.jpeg
    4833E252-7227-45CD-A309-761A368E7CE4.jpeg
    207.3 KB · Views: 15
New guy here. Just pick up our first pontoon. 2010 SLI 24 with 115 Yamaha four stroke. We looked for about a year and this was the one finally. We love it and cant wait until we take it out on the water. So happy we ended up with a Benny. It will be used on Castle Rock Lake in Wisconsin. We need to do a full detail on the boat and it will look brand new and hope to have that done this coming weekend. What are the best products to use for seats and carpet cleaning and protective coatings. Also the bimini has some mildew/ mold stains, is there any way to get that out? Thanks
Congratulations and welcome to the group. Your questions stay away from this thread. Do a search in the upper right hand area of the web page. TONS of posts and suggestions over the years, and these past months, on these cleaning related topics. If you don’t find what you are looking for, post as a separate question thread in the appropriate forum. Lots of great ideas and experienced Bennington owners in here that can steer you in the right direction.

Took delivery of my new QSB in March. Very happy with the fit and finish of Bennington. I believe in buying quality products and using them for a looong time. Wanted to thank all the Club members here for creating an active pontoon forum. From countless EZ-Fender advocates to the “SemperFi Folding Technique” this forum actually helps separate Bennington from the rest!!

Attachments

• 5D29E1A7-8665-4F3D-AEF2-F7F55DC02F9C.jpeg
    5D29E1A7-8665-4F3D-AEF2-F7F55DC02F9C.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DE591FF8-84FB-43F3-8665-0C0967F576E3.jpeg
    DE591FF8-84FB-43F3-8665-0C0967F576E3.jpeg
    132.4 KB · Views: 22
Back