Welcome to Club Bennington

Welcome AK and thanks for sharing pictures of your new beauty! Enjoy...

Hello Everyone. New, (to me) Benny owner. We just got a 2021 SXSB with 24 hours on it. It was delivered to our marina a couple of weeks ago on a Saturday morning when it was 28 degrees. Wasn't exactly ideal conditions for a test ride but I was smiling the entire time even though I thought my face might start to crack from the cold. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself after lurking around and reading for a few weeks. Just received my registration letters from domed numbers yesterday after the recommendations on this forum. Even though the boat was registered before, it had no registration numbers. It's literally like a brand new boat. I wasn't actually sure it was a 2021 since it doesn't have the 3 slanted bars on each side. I confirmed from the hull ID that it is a 21, (and the dealer) but the start of the build was June of 2020. I'm guessing it wasn't too long after that when they started adding the bars. Our previous boat was a 20' Sunchaser with a Mercury 60 so this is quite the upgrade. We actually loved that boat since it did everything we needed it to do, (except go fast) but we knew for a while we were going to upgrade if the right boat came along. We were looking for a Swingback and fortunately found the exact boat we wanted. It's usually just my wife and I and occasionally a few friends so 21' is plenty for us. I've never looked more forward to warmer weather. Lot's of other Benny's at my marina. Happy to be part of the club.

Welcome PCR23! How about sharing some pictures of your new beauty as well as a few more details.

Welcome to the club!!! Sounds like the stars aligned and you got not only what you were looking for, but also a heck of a boat. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some pics of your lovely new to you Bennington. I think a 150HP on a 21’ swingback should give you that missing “Go Fast” characteristic you eluded to with your prior pontoon. :cool:

Welcome PCR23! How about sharing some pictures of your new beauty as well as a few more details.
Thanks Michiman. So far the only details I know are what is in my signature. We got the boat delivered, test drove it and then covered it up a few days later. The only other things I know so far is that it has 2 batteries, LED speakers, (but they only light blue), hydraulic steering, (not power steering) and shark hyde or whatever that stuff is called. Maybe someone can tell from looking at the pics if the captains chair is the upgraded one or not. Seems like there is a lot of pre-wiring for other lights but I didn't have a chance to get too far into it yet. Here are some pics. Ignore that weird rental boat next to me with the outhouse on the back. That's there temporarily through the winter. We have a 40' covered slip so the boat has plenty of protection. It's pushed back to the end of the slip in pic 1 because that's where the sun was at the time. Notice the stain on the seat top all the way to the left in pic 4. That cushion is being replaced under warranty. You can see in pic 5 we are also able to fit our jet ski port in the slip as well.
IMG_4104.jpegIMG_4115.jpegIMG_4123.jpegIMG_4116.jpegIMG_0091.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the club!!! Sounds like the stars aligned and you got not only what you were looking for, but also a heck of a boat. Looking forward to hopefully seeing some pics of your lovely new to you Bennington. I think a 150HP on a 21’ swingback should give you that missing “Go Fast” characteristic you eluded to with your prior pontoon. :cool:
Thanks Vikingstaff! The difference is night and day. The guy who delivered it drove first to explain a few things. I couldn't see the screen from where I was sitting at the time but he said we were going 38 mph. The water was calm since there wasn't any boat traffic but we had 4 people on board and a full tank of gas. I was definitely happy with that. Last boat was lucky to hit 17 mph and since I didn't want to torture the engine we cruised around 12 to 13 mph. Like I said above, that was great boat and I hope another family enjoys it as much as we did. Anyway, he said hold on and made a turn I didn't think was possible on a non v-hull. I've seen videos, which is one of the many reasons I wanted a tri-toon but experiencing it in real life is a different story. That, and just how stable it was blew me away. Looking forward to hopefully being a contributing member here but I'll probably ask more questions than I answer for a little while.

Thanks Vikingstaff! The difference is night and day. The guy who delivered it drove first to explain a few things. I couldn't see the screen from where I was sitting at the time but he said we were going 38 mph. The water was calm since there wasn't any boat traffic but we had 4 people on board and a full tank of gas. I was definitely happy with that. Last boat was lucky to hit 17 mph and since I didn't want to torture the engine we cruised around 12 to 13 mph. Like I said above, that was great boat and I hope another family enjoys it as much as we did. Anyway, he said hold on and made a turn I didn't think was possible on a non v-hull. I've seen videos, which is one of the many reasons I wanted a tri-toon but experiencing it in real life is a different story. That, and just how stable it was blew me away. Looking forward to hopefully being a contributing member here but I'll probably ask more questions than I answer for a little while.
Congrats PCR! Very nice! Where do you boat???

Congrats PCR! Very nice! Where do you boat???
Thanks BigKahuna! We boat in Knoxville, TN on Fort Loudon Lake, which is part of the TN river. We typically only go a couple of miles from the marina but I have a feeling that will change with this new boat.

Thanks BigKahuna! We boat in Knoxville, TN on Fort Loudon Lake, which is part of the TN river. We typically only go a couple of miles from the marina but I have a feeling that will change with this new boat.
Yes, I’m thinking that’s definitely going to change! She’s really nice! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

good afternoon everyone! We just bought a new-to-us 2021 Bennington 22SSBXP with a 200HP Yamaha, and we are very excited! Our lake of choice is the Lewis and Clark Lake in Yankton SD, and we slip our boat at the Lewis and Clark Marina. We were able to launch the new boat on Saturday and take it for a quick spin. I'm really impressed with how well the boat took the chop. I will admit that I need to get used to docking it, as it handles much different than our former Cobalt 252.

Anyhow, Happy Boating to everyone!

Jon

Attachments

• Bennington.jpg
    Bennington.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 22
good afternoon everyone! We just bought a new-to-us 2021 Bennington 22SSBXP with a 200HP Yamaha, and we are very excited! Our lake of choice is the Lewis and Clark Lake in Yankton SD, and we slip our boat at the Lewis and Clark Marina. We were able to launch the new boat on Saturday and take it for a quick spin. I'm really impressed with how well the boat took the chop. I will admit that I need to get used to docking it, as it handles much different than our former Cobalt 252.

Anyhow, Happy Boating to everyone!

Jon
Welcome Jon! That’s a great combo boat and motor. Congratluations! Should you feel so inclined, share some pictures of you new to you Benny. We all love checking out one another’s boats.

As for docking these things…yeah, it sure is a learning curve.

Welcome!

Everyone here at Bennington would like to welcome you and your family to Club Bennington!

The goal of Club Bennington is to provide a place for discussion of All Things Boating. This is a place to share knowledge, places, pictures and most of all stories. The Club is for friends, family and good times!

To help you get started it may be wise to check out our Help Center. It's chock full of information on how to use the forum to it's fullest extent. Of course if you have any questions that cannot be answered in the help center, feel free to post them in the 'Site Suggestions/Comments' section. The Club Bennington Community will do its best to help get you up on plane!

Also it's suggested that you check out the Club Terms & Rules which you agreed to when you registered. Being familiar with the rules will ensure that your posting experience is as great as a sunny day on the water!

If you should see any content on the Club Bennington Website which you do not feel is 'family friendly' please help us keep the decks clean by using the 'Report' button next to each post or image.

Help Center (also accessed by 'Help' link in top right of site)

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?app=core&module=help

Terms & Rules (also accessed under the 'Search' bar in top right of site)

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Happy Posting!!! :D
Thank you for membership, I just purchased a 2023 lx24cwa tritoon,it's ready for water but weather is not cooperating here in ct.

Thank you for membership, I just purchased a 2023 lx24cwa tritoon,it's ready for water but weather is not cooperating here in ct.
Congratulations and welcome aboard. Here’s to a great summer ahead for you. In the meantime, if you are so inclined, we’d all love to see some pictures of your new Bennington.

Hello all, new to the forum and a new Bennington owner (sort of). I have a 2023 24RTFB that should go to the build floor any minute, hopefully with a May delivery!
Hey Fernman63, welcome to the board. I’ve been lurking a few days and this is my 1st post as well. Been shopping for my boat. If I could ask, when did your dealer write your order? My local dealership doesn’t seem enthusiastic about ordering a boat at this time.

the board. I’ve been lurking a few days and this is my 1st post as well. Been shopping for my boat. If I could ask, when did your dealer write your order? M
Hello! Sure, I went through Webster Marine in Moneta, VA (Joe Shannahan was my salesman) and we signed the official order paperwork on Feb. 6 this year. Hope this helps!

Thank you sir. Yes, gives me a gauge as to what is reasonable to expect and what others are currently experiencing. It took me 3 years wait to simply secure a slip to park it at my marina. Still on some other’s wait list. So ordering earlier was a wait and see game for me. I understand they want to move current inventory and the potential for mid year price increases. It should just be an open conversation rather than reluctance, I would think. At least that seems reasonable to me.

Thanks again.

Dealers only get so many build slots . Bennington usually starts building the next model year in June

Back