wet aft deck & mold

1987iroc

Reaction score
The play pen cover doesnt cover all of the back deck so the carpet never dry;s out and as a result is gettin a little moldy,...any ideas??

You might look to invest in a custom mooring cover. I have one that I use for winter storage (boat stays on a lift on the water in covered slip) that fits all the way around the boat and goes just under the rub rail/deck (including the back deck) and is pulled tight with a draw string/rope. It provides complete coverage and keeps it dry. For the summer I find the playpen cover to be enough coverage since it is a covered slip. The cover was not cheap but neither is replacing carpet or upholstery.

Jack

The play pen cover doesnt cover all of the back deck so the carpet never dry;s out and as a result is gettin a little moldy,...any ideas??
Try a diluted bleach/ water solution.......Take a spray bottle and put an ounce of bleach and the rest.....clean water in it. Mix it up and lightly spray the area and the mold and mildew should disappear.......rinse and wipe w/ a clean towel.......For stubborn stains....spray again or try a slightly stronger solution........I've used this method against mold and mildew for years.......

Back