What do I do?

Jeffrond

Reaction score
I ordered a GCW from a dealer. My wife and I both decided that we did not want the table installed. We did want the table and mount included/delivered, just in case the next owner wanted the table installed, they would have everything they needed. When we went to pick up the pontoon, there was the table, proudly mounted on the floor.

1) What are my options? Not happy, but what can I do? Either way, I have a hole in my floor and a big metal contraption bolted down.

Next we found that an option that we asked for was not included on the build sheet. We asked for bimini lights, and they were not installed. Turns out the dealer forgot to put them on the build sheet. The dealer said that they could order another pontoon with the lights and switch the bimini tops, but they cannot do that until fall.

Questions:

1) Is there a separate switch for the bimini lights, or are they wired into the anchor light? If separate switch, is it labeled "mood lights"?

2) Should I tell them to refund my money and wire up lights myself using the Attwood lights? http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/led-mini-courtesy-light

One more strike, and I am out! I hope it gets better.

Jeff

P2190095 (Custom).JPGJeffrond,

I hate to hear about your troubles. Yes their is a seperate switch for the bimini light. I wired mine into the anchor light as the wiring diagram indicated. I added rope lighting to my bimini and ordered the bimini light switch from Bennington.

You can see my post "Bimini Rope Light Project"

If you need additional pictures or information shoot me an email or PM.

P2190101 (Custom).JPG

P2190105 (Custom).JPG

P2190109 (Custom).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Bummer about the table mount installed in your floor. But (in my opinion it's no big deal) you might even use it some day.

Certainly not a deal breaker for most people but I understand that you wanted it a certain way and it didn't come that way. So on to the bimin lights. The dealer can order another Hoop with factory installed Bimin lights. No big deal it's a 20 min job To switch it out. The dealer will have to run power up to the Bimini and thats about the hardest part of the job and even that's no big deal.

The Bimini lights are on their own switch. You have to have the interior lights turned ON and that puts power to the on/off switch that's mounted on the down leg of the hoop that has the lights on it. That switch turns your bimin lights on and off. So you can have your bimin lights on with your Mood lighting or Off. Honestly the Bimini lights are not that big of a deal. You use them for a few seconds at the end of the night when your getting off your boat to find all the things you might have left behind, your interior lights do the job. Bottom line I wouldn't worry about it Get your boat and enjoy it. Take it back to the dealer for the 40hr service and then have him install the missing items.

Jeffrond,

We had a similar problem, ordered the 2012 22 SSI with a center tube mounted fuel tank. Boat showed up without the center mounted fuel tank, had a rear fuel pod tank. The mistake was on Bennington not the dealer. Bennington offered to build a new boat, 6 to 8 weeks out! After talking to VP of Sales at Bennington, Bennington discounted the boat price. Sometimes is not worth the grief! Still would like the center tube mounted fuel tank, but the boat is fine. Our boat has an extra 2 way toggle switch on the dash, simple wire job for bimini lights.

PS. This is our second Benninton and we have never used the table on either boat!

Good Luck,

RiverBill

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered a GCW from a dealer. My wife and I both decided that we did not want the table installed. We did want the table and mount included/delivered, just in case the next owner wanted the table installed, they would have everything they needed. When we went to pick up the pontoon, there was the table, proudly mounted on the floor.

1) What are my options? Not happy, but what can I do? Either way, I have a hole in my floor and a big metal contraption bolted down.

Next we found that an option that we asked for was not included on the build sheet. We asked for bimini lights, and they were not installed. Turns out the dealer forgot to put them on the build sheet. The dealer said that they could order another pontoon with the lights and switch the bimini tops, but they cannot do that until fall.

Questions:

1) Is there a separate switch for the bimini lights, or are they wired into the anchor light? If separate switch, is it labeled "mood lights"?

2) Should I tell them to refund my money and wire up lights myself using the Attwood lights? http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/led-mini-courtesy-light

One more strike, and I am out! I hope it gets better.

Jeff
1. Like you said not alot you can do about it now. I would not make it a issue that could result in bad blood with your dealer now since there is nothing you can do. Get out and enjoy your boat.

2. If it was not on the build sheet more than likley you did not get charged for it since they use same build sheet to calculate what their cost is to sell you the boat. If they are willing to order another boat with the bimini lights and swap tops when it comes in with no additional cost to you I would go for that and be happy.

PS I use my table everytime on my boat and I have have never used my bimini top lights. Lol.

2. If it was not on the build sheet more than likley you did not get charged for it since they use same build sheet to calculate what their cost is to sell you the boat. If they are willing to order another boat with the bimini lights and swap tops when it comes in with no additional cost to you I would go for that and be happy.
The bimini lights were on my bill, it just was not on the build sheet that the dealer sent to Bennington.

I know that's probably frustrating after you have taken the time to special order the boat and then the wait time for it to get here.

We use our table a lot especially when stopping to have a snack.

As far as the lights, we hardly ever use them due to the fact that when on a after dark cruise, everyone wants the top down so they can see the stars. When the top is folded back, the lights are covered and do no good. Best of luck. I know you'll still love your Bennie

Just my 2 cents worth.

Ok, just an update to the story after a week at the lake over the 4th.

After talking with a very nice warranty administrator (not sure if I should mention names) at Bennington, we found that a little white lie was told to me by the dealer. In reference to the table, "I do not show that this boat was ordered the way you are describing." So the dealer did NOT order the boat the way I asked. They did NOT order it without the table installed and with bimini lights. The dealer missed on both specials.

I am now going to get back on the phone and talk to the dealer and some other man that called me saying from Bennington marine. His phone number has the 612 area code though. Does Bennington have HQ in Minneapolis?

Ok, just an update to the story after a week at the lake over the 4th.

After talking with a very nice warranty administrator (not sure if I should mention names) at Bennington, we found that a little white lie was told to me by the dealer. In reference to the table, "I do not show that this boat was ordered the way you are describing." So the dealer did NOT order the boat the way I asked. They did NOT order it without the table installed and with bimini lights. The dealer missed on both specials.

I am now going to get back on the phone and talk to the dealer and some other man that called me saying from Bennington marine. His phone number has the 612 area code though. Does Bennington have HQ in Minneapolis?
Our sales representatives are located throughout the United States and they are happy to assist.

Never been on my boat without using the table...Just love it !

Extra lights means extra problems with top down never used them not needed.

Enjoy all the other extras Bennington offers as standard options an others don't !

Ron

I can certainly understand that you want a new boat to be the way that you order it and would be frustrated if it was not. The dealer can install the new bimini bow with the lights in the fall and that will be rectified but the table install will be hard to take back. I suppose they could take up the carpet and plug the hole and lay new carpet but that might be a huge mess (maybe the dealer will offer some compensation rather than do that). Honestly, you may end up using the table - I used mine the first day out. We usually go out around 10:00am and pack a lunch for a full day of tubing, floating, and swiming and have lunch on the boat and the table is very handy for that. Like others, I have yet to use my bimini lights other to test them to make sure they work. Good luck on getting this fixed to your satisfaction.

Jack

Back