What does you wife wear on her hair for days out in the water?

David G

Reaction score
My wife has long thick blonde hair and a hat just blows off at any speed over 10 mph, as does mine. Just want her to be comfy and not have to ride holding her hat on with both hands while underway.

For my wife, nothing stays on her head, or fits her well anyway (smaller head, but long darker hair). She just lets the hair blow in the wind. Sometimes she puts it up in a ponytail and that helps.

I don’t think there are real good answers for anything above a slow cruise for anyone with long hair. It is what it is.

With shorter hair, I think a ball cap turned backwards is probably about the only thing that stays on well when going fast, or doing more aggressive water sports. And that typically is not a look most women like…or with longer hair (like my wife), can wear anyway

My wife had a little bout with skin cancer a couple yrs. ago so she's pretty covered up when we go out. Double Bimini, UV shirt and her trusty visor cap!!! The only time she takes it off is when she skis!!!Screenshot_20210808-134111.png

Mine braids her hair if we are going to be on the boat for a while.

Ah, another advantage of being a slow cruiser as my wife wears a baseball cap with no problems

My wife braids her long blonde hair into pigtails same as when we ride the Harley. No tangles to deal with later this way plus she really looks good! There are also leather wrap covers made for this purpose at any motorcycle accessory store or dealership. Ask the ladies at a Harley dealer how to handle wind.

More importantly, how do you protect your cocktail at those speeds?

Sun hat with a chin strap for all of us!

Just get her a "Lake hair don't care" t - shirt!

My wife has long thick blonde hair and a hat just blows off at any speed over 10 mph, as does mine. Just want her to be comfy and not have to ride holding her hat on with both hands while underway.
My wife wears a ball cap. Once we go up to 10 mph, she goes cap-less under the bimini.

Back