What is the height of the pontoon sitting on the trailer?

Capman

Reaction score
Looking for some assistance from anyone with a Benny sitting on a tandem axle trailer... What is the overall height with the Bimini in the travel position? Can the Bimini be put all the way down easily for storage? If so, is it wise to travel with the Bimini all the way down?

I have a 25’ Benny on order and I’m curious if it will fit in my shop building. I also want to make sure I am towing with the Bimini in the correct position. This will be our first pontoon.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I put my 25' up under a 12 foot RV shed and can stand up - it will not fit into a normal garage opening - I think you would need a 10/12 foot height on your door... I've traveled with top both in travel position and all the way down (I actually prefer all the way down for travel, but don't like it laying on my sundeck for storage

I'm on my 3rd Benny and all 3 had different trailer manufactures...

Each trailer had the boat setting differently...

Differences close to 8"...

I'm on my 3rd Benny and all 3 had different trailer manufactures...

Each trailer had the boat setting differently...

Differences close to 8"...
Thanks for the info.

I put my 25' up under a 12 foot RV shed and can stand up - it will not fit into a normal garage opening - I think you would need a 10/12 foot height on your door... I've traveled with top both in travel position and all the way down (I actually prefer all the way down for travel, but don't like it laying on my sundeck for storage
I have a 10’ Door so I am hoping it fits. Thanks for the response.

I would think the bimini struts for the transport position could be shortened easily enough. Even shortening them by 1" would make a big difference in the total height. Im putting up a new building and am doing 10' tall doors. My overall is just over 9' but the nav light is taller so i can't forget to lower that! Modifying the bimini struts might cure that potential problem.

I would think the bimini struts for the transport position could be shortened easily enough. Even shortening them by 1" would make a big difference in the total height. Im putting up a new building and am doing 10' tall doors. My overall is just over 9' but the nav light is taller so i can't forget to lower that! Modifying the bimini struts might cure that potential problem.
Great idea. Thanks for the input.

I have a 10’ Door so I am hoping it fits. Thanks for the response.
It will be close. Your bimini's are designed to be trailered in the "travel" position. I've attached a photo of how we tow our Q25SB truck and benny.jpg

It will be close. Your bimini's are designed to be trailered in the "travel" position. I've attached a photo of how we tow our Q25SB View attachment 24265
Thanks RodEarl. That boat towers over your truck. I agree, it will be close on the 10’ Door height. By the way, that is a beautiful boat. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions.

Thanks RodEarl. That boat towers over your truck. I agree, it will be close on the 10’ Door height. By the way, that is a beautiful boat. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer my questions.
Thats what were here for! Help one another out! I'd measure it for you but it's 250 miles away in storage! We live in Southern California and boat at Lake Havasu

You shouldn't have an issue with a 10' opening. I squeezed mine in an 8' opening but I built my own trailer to
get it low enough. Congrats on the new purchase

You shouldn't have an issue with a 10' opening. I squeezed mine in an 8' opening but I built my own trailer to
get it low enough. Congrats on the new purchase
Thanks Joecfd1!

Thats what were here for! Help one another out! I'd measure it for you but it's 250 miles away in storage! We live in Southern California and boat at Lake Havasu
Oh gosh... I’m sure I’ll be able to make something work. Thanks again.

My '18 22SSXAPG is ~9.5' with the bimini folded down.
Thanks for your input Shmily! Really appreciate your time on this.

Capman, I see you're in Farmington MI. Where will you be enjoying that beautiful new boat of yours?

Capman, I see you're in Farmington MI. Where will you be enjoying that beautiful new boat of yours?
Sorry Michiman, we are actually in Farmington, Missouri. We will doing a majority of our boating on beautiful Table Rock Lake near Branson, Missouri.

No worries! When I clicked on your location it brought up a map for Farmington, MI. I like to do that so I can get a sense of where the person is located.

I've heard some great things about Table Rock through this forum. Enjoy!

Back