What kind of tubes do you pull

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
So I currently own an O'brien Screamer, the 2 person one, and just ordered an H O Drifter. Wife wanted something that she could sit in, thought about the O'BRIEN Relax 2.

Derrick

So I currently own an O'brien Screamer, the 2 person one, and just ordered an H O Drifter. Wife wanted something that she could sit in, thought about the O'BRIEN Relax 2.

Derrick
Man, we've had our tube forever and I can't remember the name of it. (Must be old age) Anyway, it's a 72" diameter deck style 2 person tube w/handles all over it for different riding positions...............

Heh heh.

Obrien Super Screamer. It is low profile, so the smaller kids have no problem pulling themselves up onto it in the deep water should they happen to fall off. A very good purchase for our son and his friends. It is big enough for 3 kids.

We have the Obrien Super Screamer too and it skips across the water like a flat stone on a calm lake. It's also one of the easier tubes to tow.

Derrick - I don't think you have kids, but you'd make a great Dad. You got the "distract and divert" tactic down pat!

We have the Big Mable 2 person Kids love it because you can pull it both ways. Towing from the front gives them something to lean back on and towing it from the back lets them stand up and use the back rest to hold onto. Kind of like a chariot. Adults like it Due to it is like riding in a chair.

Derrick - I don't think you have kids, but you'd make a great Dad. You got the "distract and divert" tactic down pat!
Haha, nope, no kids, but with all the report cards I brought home and things I used to do, you get to be VERY proficient at redirection of attention!!

Derrick

We have the Airhead G-Force.

It was on clearance last fall at Theisens. It was hanging from the ceiling inflated as a demo. I think I paid $90 for it. At least i knew it held air!

It made our house smell like a Theisens for a week. I had to put it in a bag until spring.

Works good. Very durable. It will submerge on take off unless the kids lean back. So, i would not recommend it for small kids (8 or under).

Obrien Super Screamer. It is low profile, so the smaller kids have no problem pulling themselves up onto it in the deep water should they happen to fall off. A very good purchase for our son and his friends. It is big enough for 3 kids.
Actually, that is what mine is, a SUPER Screamer, red and white, I'll be honest, kinda liked the fact it matches do the boat! Haha

My wife wants one with the backrest so that she and her friends can lounge or just sit back and enjoy a nice leisurely cruise. Just not sure which one to get.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife wants one with the backrest so that she and her friends can lounge or just sit back and enjoy a nice leisurely cruise. Just not sure which one to get.
I was looking at the Obrien relax 2, it has a pretty high back, I just ordered an HO Drifter, it has a back, just not as high, figured we'd try it out.

We have several tubes. Our latest addition is a "Kwik Tek G-Force Inflatable Towable"

We have an HO sports GT3 and absolutely love the thing. It is huge. If blown up it actually fits perfect in the back seat of my 2575 QCW. It lays over the rear loungers and tucks into the rail to hold it secure. It is so heavy that even when traveling 20mph you do not have to worry about it flying out of the boat. If the boat is full of people we just drag it behind. It is super stable for our young children and big/strong enough to hold three of my buddies and pull them at 32MPH. Attached is a pick of them before I sent them airborn on a ride they will not soon forget in front of 15 of our friends. We also use it when we just want to float around while anchored.

Strong recommendation for this tube if you need/want the capacity. $300 on sale at Scheels.

2012-06-24 14.54.31.jpg

Our newest addition is an "Airhead" Revolution. You can rig it to spin as you go or just tow like a normal tube. It works great at the slower speeds. 20-25 mph

We have an Obrien Relax 3. Very nice tube, well constructed. The three seater is not light, but feels very solid.

Jsmithcds

you are spot on with the gt 3. We love it. Had it 3 seasons now and it's holding up perfectly.

Can't ask for a better tube

HO Solo X has been satisfying the 22-30 year old age group. It's a delta wing style for up to two adults. With the 150 HP and even loaded with 9 person there's no lack of thrills or gentle spills when all are game. Makes for a good noodle swim fest hangout too. About 5x6 foot.

I am using a high capacity Achilles inflatable boat foot pump for inflating.

With more experienced riders it is quite controllable while kneeling and leaning. With these thrill seeking guys this thing is quite a ride!!

The hidden retractable pylon on the 2274 works great.

The HO rides well on the sun deck while under way.

Back