What Products Do You Use To Clean & Protect Aluminum Bimini Frame?

Tooncrazy

Reaction score
Our boat is a 2015 2275 GCW with an anodized aluminum bimini frame. What do you use to clean and protect your aluminum frame?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely nothing but I am eager to see others chime in because I really don't know what to use either......hence the first part of this sentence.

I use wax and dry on the fence when the boat gets sprayed down to remove the salt spray. Then I use  the rag to wipe off the bimini frame at the same time. They all look new today,and it's been 3 years.

If you feel the need I guess any car wax would work.  I've never done anything with mine and they look like new despite being 10 years old.

That's the one thing on our boat that is looking old and scraggly. The Bimini top frame and some of the rails. I was told years ago not to use anything that would take the anodized finish off. I have used wax, never dull, vinegar, all kinds of products over the years. The sun has really done a job on it. I'll take and post pics of it next time we go out.....  It just looks faded.

That's the one thing on our boat that is looking old and scraggly. The Bimini top frame and some of the rails. I was told years ago not to use anything that would take the anodized finish off. I have used wax, never dull, vinegar, all kinds of products over the years. The sun has really done a job on it. I'll take and post pics of it next time we go out.....  It just looks faded.

Bummer! However, probably not something us folks up here in the land of the clouds (Michigan) need to worry about. ;)

I just wipe them down with the same soapy water i use on the rest of the boat, Meguiers california gold at the moment.

Being anodized, they don't need a lot of care or protection.

Back