What To Use On The Dock

Pittsburgh

Commodore
Reaction score
Spring has Sprung

The weather is sunny and 60 F 

Not a heat wave but after this winter a much needed break through

I am looking at the dock which is made of 2 x 6 flooring and 2 x 10 substructure

It is in need of yet another staining

I am thinking about placing indoor outdoor commercial grade green grass like carpet on the dock

No splinters from walking bare foot or worries while lying or sitting on the dock

Question is how does the carpet hold up in the heat of the sun

We are not full sun except early morning 

We are on the south side of the lake

Any input is appreciated

75180755.jpg

Thank's to all for the input

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great 

But when bare foot may be hard on the feet and hot

Not sure, I am going to place composite flooring on my deck

I was almost committed to place on dock to remedy splintering but it is just too hot to walk on

Will look into it Jack

Thank you 

75180066.jpg

We have a composite material for our dock. No splinters or staining. Just the spring pressure wash and good to go.

It has been such a long winter I cannot remember! I don't recall it being an issue though.

It is heavy though. There are three sections that cover a 10 ft span. If money wasn't an option I'd go aluminum with the poly/vinyl top.

With the rug not being in the very hot sun all day it sounds like a good option and should last a few seasons or more but I would still put another coating on your wood before covering and it should be prolonged also.

If you go aluminum make sure it's the anodized type, as it's much cooler. No idea why that is though.

Back