When navigation/fish finding options just won't work. Here's my solution.

It might be possible that the engine does not have an oil pressure sensor. For the temp sensor, I found a forum thread somewhere (so who knows if accurate) that notes the F90 was only a bi-metal switch that would make/break for high temp alarm so that could indicate why no real-time data. The F90 manual (see pic) also seems to infer this when referring to low pressure and high temp alarms only, not levels.

What a bummer, you'd think with a $10K motor they would have this data available. Maybe their customer base over the years just didn't demand it.

1D1A0A99-0B9D-4677-BF2E-1C5CF3D7A30A.jpeg

As for water temperature, I DO get the actual temp. The gauge showed between 140-145° F. River water is running in the low 80's (just a guess}. As for oil pressure, you may be right, BUT, oil pressure sensors cost under $5 in OEM pricing. You'd think the engine's ECU would be smart enough to use oil pressure as a means to shut down the engine if the oil pressure was too low. This is the ONLY use of a pressure switch as a GO-NOGO status, however, these are vary inaccurate, where a pressure sensor is a much better method.

Yes, for a $10K motor, you'd think adding one should be a no brainer. A pressure switch is just about useless, especially if you don't have a smart MFD. There's no idiot lights on our consoles. I don't think I'll get too much further with Garmin. They'll just say that if the data was available, they'd be able to display it. Next step is contacting Yamaha.

OK, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with Yamaha, and the N2K data shown in the table below is all that's available for the F90LB. Data like Fuel and Oil Pressure is only available on the F115 and up. Water pressure is only available if you have Yamaha's Command Link system installed. He did say that there is an Oil Pressure Switch in the motor, so if oil runs low, it will shut down the engine. I did request some additional N2K and electrical info, and if it's relevant, I'll try to pass it on.

Garmin-942xs-Yamaha NMEA 2000 Data - Test Results Table.jpg

OK, here's the deal. I just got off the phone with Yamaha, and the N2K data shown in the table below is all that's available for the F90LB. Data like Fuel and Oil Pressure is only available on the F115 and up. Water pressure is only available if you have Yamaha's Command Link system installed. He did say that there is an Oil Pressure Switch in the motor, so if oil runs low, it will shut down the engine. I did request some additional N2K and electrical info, and if it's relevant, I'll try to pass it on.

View attachment 30491
Sounds like an excuse to upgrade the HP!

Thanks for the update!

Back