Where do you go boating mostly?

Arbutus Lake, Michigan. SE of Traverse City   400 acres. 

Last edited by a moderator:
3941597_OH_Lake_Tomahawk.png

21671998.jpg

108672042.jpg

We go to different lakes, depends on were we are at home its a small local lake (lake Beshear). If camping on a two are three day weekend at LBL its (Kentucky lake). And for longer vacations we take the RV and boat to our propery close to Dale hollow state park. 

We are on Green Lake in Wisconsin Deepest lake in Wisconsin at 237 ft. natural inland lake.7.5 miles long by 3.0 miles across 7300 acres of clear water. Come join us sometime!

Jeff

Raystown Lake/Dam near Huntingdon, PA.    Lots of coves and places to anchor and hang out.

Max. length

28 mi (45 km)

Surface area

8,300 acres (33.6 km2)

Max. depth

200 ft (61.0 m)

I'm jealous of you guys/gals who regularly boat on big water. Although I am only an hours drive from some bigger lakes totaling 60,320,000 acres I've never made it out there with the Benny. Hopefully this year I'll make it happen.

Lake Gaston NC

Lewis Smith Lake, AL

21,000 acres

Over 500 miles of shoreline

Lewis Smith Lake, AL

21,000 acres

Over 500 miles of shoreline

I'm heading that way this summer for a week, Spoonman. Looking forward to navigating that beautiful lake! Going to most likely shop for a place to purchase, too.

I might PM you for some points of interest, including restaurants on the lake. 

I'm heading that way this summer for a week, Spoonman. Looking forward to navigating that beautiful lake! Going to most likely shop for a place to purchase, too.

I might PM you for some points of interest, including restaurants on the lake. 

No worries, glad to help.  I'm currently a realtor in TN but getting legal in AL too:).  

It's a fantastic lake, and we looked for 4 years but kept coming back to Smith.  Let me know when you come to town.

Wow, that's a lot of shore line! Crazy...

Billed as the cleanest lake in AL and the 4th cleanest lake in America.  Not sure how one proves that, but I'm a believer:)

xN8ZRf7.jpg

Wow, that's a lot of shore line! Crazy...

Come to Lake Cumberland.  101 miles long.  1400 miles of shore line.  Reality is you spend 99% of your time 5 miles from your dock.  Come on down.

Come to Lake Cumberland.  101 miles long.  1400 miles of shore line.  Reality is you spend 99% of your time 5 miles from your dock.  Come on down.

We were on Lake Cumberland 2 summers ago.  Great houseboat lake too.  We were there when the lake was covered with logs from all of the rain that summer.  It was still beautiful and we would go back again in a heart beat for another houseboat vacation.

In my dreams...

/monthly_2017_03/large.IMG_0101.JPG.990f08f6e0a8f3fd348aae10eee8c2d0.JPG

Truman Lake, MO is where we boat. 55,000 acre lake average depth 20 feet. Army Core lake with natural shore line.

One more from Truman Lake, MO.

/monthly_2017_03/large.IMG_0100.JPG.f79e8291e13527326e143440cc080741.JPG

Back