Where to buy Yamaha Motor products?

tyjy

Reaction score
Wondering where you buy your Yamaha motor products? (we have an F150) Coming up on 20 hour oil change/maintenance and didn't know if there was a good online source or do you simply shop at your dealers?

I see a gallon size of the Yamalube 4M FC-W 10W30 at Cabella's for $38 (in store) and a quart for $10.49, however, none of the other parts are there.

I'm trying to figure out what oil filter the f200 takes. simyamaha didn't have anything under the f200

If the Yammis are anything like the Hondas, they're all the same. Just pop the cover and take a look.

All the other parts are listed but I'm having the same issue on the Sims site with the Oil Filter in particular. Does anyone with the Yamaha outboard F150XA happen to know if the oil filter listed in the "Yamaha Maintenance Matters" booklet: Oil Filter #69J-13440-00-00 has changed to 69J-13440-03-00?

Also the manual says to be sure to "always use new gaskets". Anyone know what the part number is for the gaskets or do they come with the oil filter?

Thanks for any help!

I've never met an oil filter that didn't come with a gasket.

kaydano: that's just what my husband just told me  :unsure:   (How am I supposed to know!? I never changed any oil before!)

Anyways, I also think I just solved my own problem by googling the part number and I think the 03 simply supercedes the 00 in the part number.

Ha ha ha. I just told my wife I was going to chase her around the house after the kids go to bed. Let me know if he says that too...

Of course he did! (doesn't everyone say that after talking about oil filters and gaskets?? :huh:  I mean, come on)

Your motor is basically a F150 with some changes, including a larger throttle body and different gear ratio.  Check your owner's manual, and I believe the first oil change doesn't even require a filter change.  (I did change mine, however.)

The oil filter is a [SIZE=9pt]YAMAHA 69J-13440-00-00[/SIZE], and I have cross referenced it to be the same filter as Wix 51394, Fram PH4967, Purolator L14476, Motorcraft F836, Bosch 72167 and many others.  These are available at most any auto parts stores for a small percentage of what a marine dealer sells them for. 

I would hate to meet that little Japanese man in a dark alley that tightened the oil filter at the factory.  It required an oil filter wrench and a strong arm to remove the filter.

You'll need 5.7 quarts of oil with a filter change.  My dealer quietly told me to use 10W30 high quality dino motor oil on the first oil change.  I'm running Delo universal oil in my boat.  Next oil change, I'm switching to Mobil 1 EP--a far superior oil to plain Mobil 1.

You will need a couple of $1 crush washers on your lower unit and an $5 oil drain plug gasket.

The Yamahalube 90 weight lower unit grease lists @ $10.50.  If you invest in a gear lube pump with the Yamaha end, one quart can do the job.

Before you drain your engine oil or lower unit oil, it's best to raise your power trim way up in the air and leave it 30 seconds or so.  Then, drop the motor down to where your anticavitation plate is parallel to the ground.

Of course he did! (doesn't everyone say that after talking about oil filters and gaskets?? :huh: I mean, come on)
Ha ha ha! Yeah, now that you mention it, I'm sure that's what made me say that. Ha ha.

What Bama said or can have dealer do it, your choice :wacko:

Thanks Bama! I am going to keep this info for future use!

I realize paying the price for Yamaha products might not be necessary, but while it's a brand new motor and under warranty, even though it's more expensive today, we don't want to give any excuses for not honoring a warranty if there's a problem. Obviously when the 100 hour checkpoint comes about we may follow your recommendation! Especially because I just spent $200 for all the products for this first one and will love to save that money on the next!

Your motor is basically a F150 with some changes, including a larger throttle body and different gear ratio.  Check your owner's manual, and I believe the first oil change doesn't even require a filter change.  (I did change mine, however.)

The oil filter is a [SIZE=9pt]YAMAHA 69J-13440-00-00[/SIZE], and I have cross referenced it to be the same filter as Wix 51394, Fram PH4967, Purolator L14476, Motorcraft F836, Bosch 72167 and many others.  These are available at most any auto parts stores for a small percentage of what a marine dealer sells them for. 

I would hate to meet that little Japanese man in a dark alley that tightened the oil filter at the factory.  It required an oil filter wrench and a strong arm to remove the filter.

You'll need 5.7 quarts of oil with a filter change.  My dealer quietly told me to use 10W30 high quality dino motor oil on the first oil change.  I'm running Delo universal oil in my boat.  Next oil change, I'm switching to Mobil 1 EP--a far superior oil to plain Mobil 1.

You will need a couple of $1 crush washers on your lower unit and an $5 oil drain plug gasket.

The Yamahalube 90 weight lower unit grease lists @ $10.50.  If you invest in a gear lube pump with the Yamaha end, one quart can do the job.

Before you drain your engine oil or lower unit oil, it's best to raise your power trim way up in the air and leave it 30 seconds or so.  Then, drop the motor down to where your anticavitation plate is parallel to the ground.
THIS is one of many reasons why I love this place  :)

I don't even own a Yammy but incredibly helpful nonetheless.

I buy from them. Good prices and fast shipping. What more could you ask.

Back