Which boat house bunk system/setup for tri-toon with ESP package?

Economy Mike

Reaction score
Who knew? Anyone wishing to purchase or care for a Bennington or any pontoon boat should follow these forums daily. That alone would save a ton of money and heartache. And thank you Jeff for your prompt response to my question about lifts. My lake is part of the TVA system of impoundments along the Tennessee River and the water level fluctuates a lot: 5-6 ft drop in winter months and often a 9-10 ft spike in early spring. Depth at my new dock averages 12-15 ft. I have not seen any sea legs down here. For now, I am going to stick with the lift and look into some plastic bunks.

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Your welcome Mike. Yeah, just based on your water conditions, Sea Legs would not be a good fit. Either a bunk or platform lift will get the job done for you really well. I am partial to the V-bunks myself as they cradle the pontoons so well. However, it’s not necessary.

Economy Mike

Reaction score
We got to move into the new (to us) lake house a few weeks ago...FINALLY! A big storm came through before we took possession and sent the top of a tree down through the roof. After 3 months, the seller's contractor still couldn't not finish the repairs so we withheld some funds at closing to get it done ourselves just so we could take possession. We had the chance to walk away from it, but I thought it was still a good deal (pre-foreclosure plus he left everything behind: furnishings, linens, skis, air compressor, tools, towables, etc. etc. - house and garage full) and it is located right where we want to be. Beautiful sunrises. Shade in the afternoon. Screen porch and sundecks. Covered dock. It was a long, stressful process, but at least not the 6 months Viking had to endure to get his house restored. I feel your pain, Jeff.
Anyway, once we closed on it, I began contacting local dock builders just to convert the lift from accommodating a Malibu ski boat over to our Benny. And of course they are all booked up well into the fall on other jobs. So I think I am going to tackle this one myself. Soon, the local labor force goes on what they call here "Pickwick Time," which is to say you won't be able to find anyone willing to do anything until they are good and ready. And you shouldn't even bother calling anyone if deer season is open. :)
But this can't be that hard to do. I have replaced trailer bunks a couple of times for a previous boat, so I get the concept. And I've seen other posts indicating that you need to fully support the rear end of the toons and that it's 77 inches between the centers of the outside logs. Plus, the seller left some extra bunk brackets in the garage. Am I missing something? Any reason I shouldn't take a swing at this? I am so ready to pull my boat out of the marina and have it right there at the house. Any suggestions? Thanks.