Which Buoy, Fender, Bumper to get?

kaydano

Reaction score
I will be purchasing a new Bennington pontoon (24SSL) in a couple weeks, and need some fenders...

What length do I need at minimum? What length is optimal? Is it possible for these to be too long (as in too long and may dent the fence).

I can see it being tied up at docks and slips around the lake, so want a "once size fits all", if you know what I mean.

What brand do you recommend? Any brands to avoid?

Thanks!

I use these fenders on my pontoon...Fenders... They work great for me.

I use these fenders on my pontoon...Fenders... They work great for me.
Those work well for me also. And I use Tidy-ups for fast adjustment in any situation. Tip though, tie a loose knot in the end of the rope. If you take off and forgot to take the fender back into the boat you can lose them if the Tidy-up loosens up with the wind buffeting.

I will be purchasing a new Bennington pontoon (24SSL) in a couple weeks, and need some fenders...

What length do I need at minimum? What length is optimal? Is it possible for these to be too long (as in too long and may dent the fence).

I can see it being tied up at docks and slips around the lake, so want a "once size fits all", if you know what I mean.

What brand do you recommend? Any brands to avoid?

Thanks!

You might want to check out Taylor Made Pontoon Fender's SKU TAY31030. They work great on my 2011 2575RCW because they hook under the rub rail. You can alson use Taylor Made pontoon fender adjuster SKU 1139 and they fit the railing really well. I never take them off of my boat and haven't had any problem. Hope this info helps and if you need anything else let me know.

pontoonfender.jpg

FredP - Is this what you have? How does it stay put? Does it snap in place somehow? My concern is if it got "bumped" out of place by a dock, then it may not work due to it's shape. Has that ever happened to you?

Thanks for the tip. I had not seen those before.

pontoonfender.jpg

FredP - Is this what you have? How does it stay put? Does it snap in place somehow? My concern is if it got "bumped" out of place by a dock, then it may not work due to it's shape. Has that ever happened to you?

These are exactly what I have. They have a lip on them that fits up and under the rub rail. I have never had a problem with mine even if I bump the dock. The hangers that I referenced are very simple because they fit tightly over the square railing. Just pull the rope up through them and tie a knot. That's how you get the tension that's needed to hold them in place. Hope this helps.

I get it now!

Thanks.

pontoonfender.jpg

I am waiting for my 2012 2575 RCW to come in and I was thinking about getting a couple of these to protect it if I end up rafting with another boat. They look slick but with the RCW it looks like from the pictures, there is not an open top rail to strap them to. Anybody using them on an RCW? How are you attaching them at the top?

I am waiting for my 2012 2575 RCW to come in and I was thinking about getting a couple of these to protect it if I end up rafting with another boat. They look slick but with the RCW it looks like from the pictures, there is not an open top rail to strap them to. Anybody using them on an RCW? How are you attaching them at the top?
These are an interesting concept and look clean. I was looking at them on-line today as I need some additional fenders soon. In the mean time I am going to use what I have.

The reviews on the Cabelas website (granted not the greatest place to get comments) was a mixed bag of some positive, some negative as far as fit goes. I would be interested to see how they work out if you try them dano.

These are an interesting concept and look clean. I was looking at them on-line today as I need some additional fenders soon. In the mean time I am going to use what I have.

The reviews on the Cabelas website (granted not the greatest place to get comments) was a mixed bag of some positive, some negative as far as fit goes. I would be interested to see how they work out if you try them dano.
I ordered two of them from Amazon this morning. Still not sure how I am going to attach them to the top rail but I did also order a set of Taylor Made Fender Adjusters. I hope that the strap on the fender will go through the hole in the adjuster, is is designed for a rope. I will let you know how it works out.

I ordered two of them from Amazon this morning. Still not sure how I am going to attach them to the top rail but I did also order a set of Taylor Made Fender Adjusters. I hope that the strap on the fender will go through the hole in the adjuster, is is designed for a rope. I will let you know how it works out.
Did this work? Can you show a picture?

Did this work? Can you show a picture?
I have only used them once so far but they worked great and I think that I am going to be very happy with them. The adjuster clip fits nicely over the top rail and the adjustable strap that comes with the bumper fits fine through the hole in adjuster clip even though the hole is designed for a rope. I only bought two of these bumpers. I have a 2575 RCW and I should probably buy one more so that I would have three on one side.

I will send picture when I have a chance to take some.

EZ FENDERI had those fenders and they were a big PIA if you wanted to move them or take them off quick. Not saying they won't work for some people but not for me. We got fenders from our dealer when we bought the boat along with life jackets and a throwable. The round style to me are much easier to use and stow. Also for ataching and adjusting the fenders you might try these EZ FENDER. A guy on another forum makes these and they work great.

I just bought a new 2012 QCW 2575 and had the same problem with nowhere to attach fenders as the side panel is attached to the top rail. I bought 4 (only room for about 3) of the Taylor Made pontoon fenders which fit well under the lip of the deck except for about the last 3 feet at the back of the boat where there is some metal blocking it from hooking under the lip. I haven't put them through any serious tests but we side tied to another pontoon in fairly calm water for about 4 hours one day and they worked fine. Can't say how well they'll hold under some serious wakes at a dock but they I would guess they'd be ok.

With no way to put a strap around the top rail I bought THESE plastic clips from Overtons, hooked the snap hook (below) through the hole in the clip and use the adjustable straps that came with the fenders to cinch it tight. We keep the whole assembly together so when we pull them out, all we need to do is hang them over the rail, hook the pontoon fender on the lip, push the clip down on the rail and cinch them tight. My wife can do it in about 10 seconds.

I'm hoping they hold up in rougher water situations but I've only tried them once so far. The clips are plastic and seem to be pretty stout but I bought extras and I don't know how much I would trust this unattended for long term. I keep my boat at my river house 200 miles from here but I'm going there this weekend and could take a photo if you'd like to see it.

a6d99492c67e9bc0f2e45452a6ad.jpg

Has anyone used these on an RL series, does it interfere with putting the Mooring cover on? How about years down the road, are the screws still secure r do you they loosen up?

Hi Guys, A few of your members that are using EzFenders asked me to chime in just to talk about EzFenders. If you go to my website, www.ezfender.com you'll find all the information you need. They are extremely durable and so simple to use. They are designed so they will not damage your lines, very litle thumbscrew pressure is needed. I have sold over 5000 pairs and I've had only one problem. The first hundred I made had zinc coated iron thumbscrews. They were rusting in saltwater applications. Those were long ago replaced with stainless steel. I'll be completely honest, sometimes I may need to tie an additional bumper for an awkward docking application, but its very seldom. I do alot of my boating in lake of the Ozarks, where I am encountering different dock heights all the time. Always adjusting. Thats why I invented these. My wife and I just got tired of tying knots and using different styles that we still had to adjust all the time. I guess thats about it. If anyone has any questions, just give me a yell at h20maniac@yahoo.com

I'll give you guys a price break, Even though I have a Premier, we are all 'tooners!
Bryan,

Just so you know, we're careful about not getting into overtly selling stuff on this site for a number of reasons.

If you were to want to put a link into your signature, that would be passive and therefore on the right side of the line.

No hard feelings, just lettin' you know. :)

Back