Which gauges on R-Series helm and Verado's?

TomS

Reaction score
We're finishing up our order for a 2275RCWL ESP to be built in the spring and have settled on the Mercury Verado 250 Pro.

Mercury offers SmartCraft gauges, so I'm trying to figure out what options there are in the R-series helm, which has a molded insert where they mount in recesses. I looked at a few R's and some have 2 spots, e.g. for Yamaha's smart digital gauges, while others have 3 spots for the "standard" silver Bennington analog gauges - speedo, tach, and triple function. I looked at a 2010 RCW with Verado 225 and it had 2 gauges, a Mercury Smartcraft SC1000 speedo and an SC1000 tach, though I think it is an older helmstand design.

Merc now has the MercMonitor LCD multi-function gauge which does everything including a NMEA 2000 gateway to a GPS/chart plotter. It can replace either speedo or tach or can even be used in a third spot. It also has a really nice "Smart Tow" mode for pulling wakeboarders, skiers, tubes, etc. as an option. So this might be interesting for a third position.

Since almost all the Bennies I saw at the Club Day were Yamaha rigged, I'm curious what did you get with your DTS Verado's?

My 250 Verado Pro came with the two Smartcraft gauges, and they cover just about anything you can ask for, mileage, air temp, water temp, cooling water pressure, voltage, ect. A very clean look and versatile too.

Oh yeah, that Merc is a Beast! I love how hard it pulls out of the hole, and also everywhere else.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 250 Verado came with the two Smartcraft gauges, and they cover just about anything you can ask for, mileage, air temp, water temp, cooling water pressure, voltage, ect. A very clean look and versatile too.
Thanks!

Back