Who's on Lake Norman?

cwag911

Reaction score
Just wondering who boats on Lake Norman,NC. We live in Denver on the southwest corner. Our home is located on Lucky Creek (or cove) across from the "no wake" bouys going to Westport Marina. We have a blue roof over the toon so you can't miss us. B)

Hi Carl,

I am in NC but on Lake Gaston. I visited Lake Norman to look at Bennington pontoons. You have a great dealer there with a great selection of Bennington's.

Hi Carl,

I am in NC but on Lake Gaston. I visited Lake Norman to look at Bennington pontoons. You have a great dealer there with a great selection of Bennington's.
They're not the dealer I purchased from in 2006. It used to be Country Corner Marine on Mooresville who now handles Berkshire. Something happened a couple of years ago and they took the floorplan (I think) but they still do warranty work and I still go there because I trust them and they do quality work. Customer service is a large part of the buying experience.

Nobody else on Lake Norman? I thought we could have a get-together or something similar like meet at a restaurant somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're at LN...cherry red 2275RLC ESP with 250 sho...zoom zoom zoom! Moored at Lake Norman Marina...those guys are great! I know there are more than 1000 Benny's on the lake...the Bennington sales manager told me. :)

LN friends,

Do any of you have coordinates of the interesting spots a new comer should know how to find? Looking forward to joining you all in a couple of weeks!

LN friends,

Do any of you have coordinates of the interesting spots a new comer should know how to find? Looking forward to joining you all in a couple of weeks!
No coordinates but I can show you where everything is, especially food! B)

lat=35.4662068935, lon=-80.9825980234 I think I got it corect.

Carl, you know I'll take you up on that offer!

Hey Chas, welcome to Lake Norman!! B)

Thanks! 372 boxes were dropped off at my house while the boat was dropped in Cornelious. We're planning to do our inaugural LN run Labor Day weekend if you expect to be around.

Thanks! 372 boxes were dropped off at my house while the boat was dropped in Cornelious. We're planning to do our inaugural LN run Labor Day weekend if you expect to be around.
Yup, we'll be here. We have no plans till that thurs to go to Lake Anna, Va. for the PDB get-together. Give us a call when you figure out what you're doing.

Envious Michigander here... Have driven down 77 many, many times on the way to Florida for vacation and glanced whistfully as I drove by Lake Norman. Looks like a realy nice lake to have property on. I am just starting to look to the fuure and would like to one day own lake property in retirement in some place like Kentucky, Tennesee, North/South Carolina, etc. What areas of the Lake are reasonable price-wise for a look-see? I have the Bennington, now I just need to find it a good home!!

Yo Vinnie. B) LOL We're on the southwest end of the lake in Denver and have been here since 02/06. Moved down from "Jersey". There are 4 counties that make up the lake and all with different taxes. I believe Lincoln co (ours) is the least expensive. Our first friend here was our realtor and she was out with us on Saturday. If you have questions about the realestate around the lake you can give her a call. She's a good friend and very knowledgeable and I don't get kickbacks. P-M me for her contact info :D

Thanks Carl... It's Uncle Vinnie to my nephews out on Long Island!! Glad you got the meaning behind the boat name. Also, thanks for the Realtor contact. I do want to visit the area next summer and maybe get a 7-10 day vacation rental to spend some time there.

I was born in Rockville Center on the island. Moved to Nutley,NJ when I was 3.

Carl,

We are bringing the boat down this weekend and camping at Lake Norman State Park. Any suggestions or warnings? First time on the Inland Sea.

Thanks.

Andy

The only suggestion I would have is to get a lake map, unless you have GPS. It has all the channel and shoal markers on it so you don't get lost or run aground. I've never camped there (camping to my wife is Holiday Inn) but I've heard it's nice. We're by marker L1 on the southwest end of the lake. PM me and I'll give you my cell # if you want to stop by.

Just purchased our brand new RCW 225 with 250sho were so excited. My wife and I and our new daughter Boston and Yorkie London. Can't wait for summer. Got so many thing I want to add to the new boat. We sold our yellow really fast boat now we got a semi fast toon. Wife wasn't going to win everything.

Welcome to the party Uncc103. You're gonna love the boat. Are you on the water or do you trailer? We're in Denver by marker L1 in Lucky Creek.

Back