Windshield?

tinabp

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to pontoons, we just bought a 2018 Bennington S20. With other open-bow boats we are used to having a substantial windshield, but it seems like most pontoons don't really have a windshield that actually blocks wind for the captain. Is this true? Are there any places that sell windshields for this model?

Also, our boat did not come with a table although the floor bolts are there. Can I assume most standard boat tables will fit?

Thanks!

Tina

Welcome and congratulations on your new to you Benny! Got any pictures of it you care to share with others? We’re always happy checking out one another's boats.

You are correct on the windshield. For most pontoons they are not made at all to really block/break wind like on any kind of open bow boat. There wont be any OEM option for your model…most models really with most manufacturers.

You could check something out like Great Lakes Skipper, or Pontoon Stuff to see if there is any after market option. If you can find something you’d just have to figure out how you want to secure it to the helm.

As for table pedestal and tables, it is fairly standardized if going after market. I’d just measure to make sure whatever you buy is an actual fit. If you want an OEM pedestal and table, just inquire with your nearest Bennington dealership. They should be able to order you one. You also might look around online for someone with a Bennington that is selling theirs. Maybe you can find an OEM used.

We never use ours…like ever. That said, I could never sell it. My wife would kill me on the off chance we “some day” use it…LOL.

Best of luck and enjoy the water.

...we just bought a 2018 Bennington S20. With other open-bow boats we are used to having a substantial windshield, but it seems like most pontoons don't really have a windshield that actually blocks wind for the captain.
I was thinking you meant the stock windshield wasn't big enough, but looking at your pic I see there isn't one at all! I have an S-model as well (much older) and it came with a decent windscreen and a table. Are there holes in the helm to indicate a screen was there at some point? If so, I'm guessing the screen on yours was damaged by the previous owner and rather than replacing it they just took it off. Maybe you could post a pic of the helm that gives us a closer look.

Yup, almost worthless and a big difference between your old boat and this new one, for sure. However, like most of us who have moved to a pontoon platform have happily discovered, the other advantages more than make up for the lack of a windshield. Welcome to the Bennington family!

Bumping this to add that a Plexi/acrylic shop may be able to custom bend/form a taller one for your boat...probably won't be particularly cheap, but might be worth checking into.

Forest River no longer even offers windscreens on any of their toons (except for full walk-thru windshield)

I checked with a shop that makes windscreens for performance boats and they could make someting for ~$500.
There are some add on windscreens extensions for bass boats that just clip on to existing windscreens.

Back