winter Cover

Four R's

Reaction score
Tired of spending big dollars to have shrink wrap installed.  Wondering if anyone out there has the name of someone who manufactures a good cover.  Also, wondering how to support it besides using a similar setup used when shrink wrapped  (3 or 4 2x4 supports)? 

I store inside and don't think I would consider any other way.  With what we spend on these boats I don't think it is very expensive to protect her paying for the storage

I shrink wrap, but honestly was not happy with my experience last year

Here we have some options including underground mine storage which is reasonable but quite damp I am told 

The other option is inside storage with humidity and temperature control but is truly expensive

I have heard negative comments on all forms of storage, but it is a necessity 

Gave some thought about storing Benny on the driveway after  shrink wrap winterization , but I am concerned about fallen limbs hitting the boat.

I don't want an insurance claim (lol)

My friends tell me after the first ten years they stopped shrink wrap and covering the pontoon all together 

I can't even comprehend

dizzy.png

The 2x's are used due to low cost. I guess you could always make something out of pvc to support the cover. As for material no help there. I also store mine indoors.

Picked up my Benny on Tuesday after having it shrink wrapped. Two years ago the boat was new I had it wrapped and in the spring I took the cover off folded t and was able to use it last year. I keep the boat beside the garage and found no hassle. In the spring some 303 on the cushions vac. the rug and I'm on my way.

We're thinking of putting up a car port next year, that will eliminate the shrink wrap, yet the boat with the regular cover will still be protected.  

Back