Winterization storage tips...

Same here, Progressive. Haven't had to use it thankfully, but they've been in the boat game for decades...

Oh, and editing to add... they actually understood that my boat wasn't where my house was... lol. i.e. - i don't pay rates for lake erie zip code, but for where i'm docked on a small inland lake...

That's interesting, they never asked me where I boat.

Get a quote from Geico/US Boat. Great coverage relatively inexpensive....

I winterize on my own. Add Fuel Stabilizer to last tank of fuel, run Evinrude winterization routine after on trailer at ramp. I change water separating fuel filter and change lower unit lube. Pull prop and verify no fishing line around prop shaft seal. Vacuum boat remove anything that shouldn't freeze in a cold MN winter. Add Damp rid and Moth Balls in each storage compartment. Reuse shrink wrap that I store in a large plastic tub over the summer. this will be third season with same shrink wrap (I know some have over 6 years with same heat shrink). Will pull it out in about two weeks after the leaves start changing.

Attachments

• 20211019_163549 (2).jpg
    20211019_163549 (2).jpg
    236.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20201013_134928 (1).jpg
    20201013_134928 (1).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 22
Ive used moth balls and dryer sheets for my previous boats. Kept my first two boats in old barn and was lucky no critter damage. Keeping fingers crossed.

Back