Wires run through bimini frame?

textman

Reaction score
Was looking to mounting some fender cleats on my top railing.  Got to thinking about the wires that run into the bimini frame up to the back nav light.  Do not want to drill a hole and hit a wire.  Does anyone know which direction the wiring runs where the two plugs enter the bottom of the bimini frame?

Thanks

Just went and looked around, I would say forward.  From outside the fence, you can see in between the floor and the bottom rail, coming down in a fence upright, outside where the console is next to the fence.  I have a grey w/blue and a black in frame and then dual grey one w/blk. the other w/ bl. to bimini.  If you do this, it helps to put a length of same diameter fuel line on your drill bit so that just the beginning of the full diameter penetrates thru the metal, at the very least put many wraps of electrical tape around in a similar fashion.  Would not be fun to re-fish that line.     

Just went and looked around, I would say forward.  From outside the fence, you can see in between the floor and the bottom rail, coming down in a fence upright, outside where the console is next to the fence.  I have a grey w/blue and a black in frame and then dual grey one w/blk. the other w/ bl. to bimini.  If you do this, it helps to put a length of same diameter fuel line on your drill bit so that just the beginning of the full diameter penetrates thru the metal, at the very least put many wraps of electrical tape around in a similar fashion.  Would not be fun to re-fish that line.     

thank you, got to look at it better today and see what you are talking about.  Could not find the wire the other day, now I see it.  Thank you very much.

Back